Mike Doyle Picture

ehgjyw.jpg

mikedoyle1,2.jpg
<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 am --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
Legend. Never saw him play, but that video of him parting the United fans like the Red Sea makes me smile.

The full 15 minutes highlights of the game are on the RIP thread. But someone more technical than me should cut out the 30 second slot you refer to and post it on here as the most fitting memory of him.

Like a lion with a herd of gazelles. I still can't believe he actually went at them...

C_71_article_1422322_image_list_image_list_item_1_image.jpg

Looks like the new away kit will have even more significance in the coming season.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBZtJcDz2I&feature=player_embedded#at=13[/youtube]

Watch from about 10-00 in. He is walking from the field as they invade the pitch. A big gap opens around him as they daren't go near. A few go up behind him poking him and giving him verbals. He turns and fronts them out. They scatter. The camera pans away for a few seconds. Then it goes to a high shot. You actually see Doyle walk forwards towards the whole mass of United fans and them back away from him.

It's beautiful.

Didsbury Dave said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBZtJcDz2I&feature=player_embedded#at=13[/youtube]

Watch from about 10-00 in. He is walking from the field as they invade the pitch. A big gap opens around him as they daren't go near. A few go up behind him poking him and giving him verbals. He turns and fronts them out. They scatter. The camera pans away for a few seconds. Then it goes to a high shot. You actually see Doyle walk forwards towards the whole mass of United fans and them back away from him.

It's beautiful.

Top one. Cheers mate.

Thanks for posting that video. Superb. And let's not ignore the fact it was Doyle who dispossessed united with a superb tackle and then played the ball which led to the goal.

I know it's not quite July but only a couple of days away and ironically it is Mike on the July page of the City Legends calendar.

dscf0765w.jpg

Clubber said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The films been edited Dave...i was there on the day sat in Lewys chair in Uniteds box (the old fella worked for them/Lewy had scarpered to the Villa presumably winding what would transpire-the defeat not the invasion). The reason it's so burnt into me memory bank is cause the old fella give me a little elbow nudge to remind me Doyle (who was on that side of the pitch) would'nt run ('he's not that way made son') when a fan kicked him up the leg/arse with the next fan walking right into a stiff right hand from doyle, he ended up with his mitts up...when a priest sat behind (obviously a guest of the Edwards family) us exploded spitting out 'he fuckin struck him, get him arrested the blue bastherd'(meaning Doyle). Next news the olde fella is telling the priest who by now knows we're blues in the camp and is pointing towards his dog collar for defence against what he spit out..that he's a two-tongued no good twat, i was only 10yr old, Doyle on the pitch refusing to run and the old fella making the priest avit...i was thinking what have i done to desreve this ('it was well bril').

RIP Mr. I ain't running.....we all love ya.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.