Mike Doyle tribute ?

I couldn't see the game but my son did me proud by sending me a phot which had Mike with the League Cup on his head next to Vincent Konpany. I'd been telling him about the late great Mike. To see the lads win the cup and to be told they had chanted Doyle's name in the 4th minute made the perfect day.

I had a few run ins with Mike (He was a member at Ashton GC) I was an assistant/head pro at Dukinfield. Played with Grant a couple of times with Craig from Ashton (if you are reading this). The main thing I remember was how competitive he could be. I always thought he did not like me that much (even though I acted like a excited little kid the first time I met him) but in the end just put that down to the fact that he was very good at golf and I was just that bit better (he could smash a low iron though)

However I do remember him giving me a newspaper two page spread of the fa cup win in which he was holding the lid of the cup that he had signed.

Great to hear that he got the respect and recognition he deserved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.