Mike Doyle's signature

Eds

I am sure I read here recently someone asking if anyone had the great man's autograph, if that someone can drop me a PM or if anyone can point me to the thread, much appreciated

Just been checking my 1st print edition of Manchester City - My Team by Mike Doyle.
And on the inside first page is -
Best Wishes
Mike Doyle.
I will be happy to accept offers over £500 for my treasured auto- biography of City's most passionate United hating player.

I am sure I read here recently someone asking if anyone had the great man's autograph, if that someone can drop me a PM or if anyone can point me to the thread, much appreciated
Not sure if this helps but I have his autobiography Blue Blood signed by him

Just been checking my 1st print edition of Manchester City - My Team by Mike Doyle.
And on the inside first page is -
Best Wishes
Mike Doyle.
I will be happy to accept offers over £500 for my treasured auto- biography of City's most passionate United hating player.
I’ve got his signed contract for city.

I would imagine that his contract would be worth a lot more than a signed book. What year is the contact dated,the 1st print book is from 1977.
I bet you paid more for your book.
It was 74 without going looking. When he signed his extension.
25/6/71

Last edited:
I have Vladimir Weiss autograph if anyone interested Haha

Got Mike Doyle's too but it's only on a scrap of paper. My ex Mrs got it for me when she worked in a school in Leigh and he used to drop by and take the kids football training. I wonder if they even knew who he was. Massive hero of mine back in the day

I think the book was a fiver,which was quite a lot at the time considering I was earning about £40 per week then.
His basic wage was £80 per week from 1/7/71 to 30/6/74
Plus £10 for every 1st team appearance.
I bet contracts are more complicated theses days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.