mike summerbee

Summerbee does work for the club so it is possible he has heard something. Didn't someone else start a thread before Xmas with claims from Buzzer about major signings?

Hmmm ? not calling anyone's info but I have met buzzer many times and have 2 friends who buzzer himself considers friends and from all my time spent in his company the notion that he would approach someone for a chat at a carwash on the strength of a car sticker rings decidedly dodgy ! never mind coming up to tell them we had signed a player ? (however the location does make sense so who knows)

I am seeing one of the aforementioned friends tonight for a few beers so I'll get him to give buzzer a bell and if he does know anything I'd hope to be able to get a name to post up later tonight but I wouldnt hold your breath.

my mate works in the press office at eastlands, he had to sign something with regards to no let anything get leaked, seems they are keeping everything underwraps

I've also got a friend who works in the Sales/Marketing dept who says information on the whole is very difficult to comeby these days (and believe me, I try and pump him for info!). You think though, day to day the whole footballing set up is 10 miles away at Carrington..........its not like the days when the players were at Platt Lane and then they'd wander over to the ground and chat to the staff

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Hmmm ? not calling anyone's info but I have met buzzer many times and have 2 friends who buzzer himself considers friends and from all my time spent in his company the notion that he would approach someone for a chat at a carwash on the strength of a car sticker rings decidedly dodgy ! never mind coming up to tell them we had signed a player ? (however the location does make sense so who knows)

I am seeing one of the aforementioned friends tonight for a few beers so I'll get him to give buzzer a bell and if he does know anything I'd hope to be able to get a name to post up later tonight but I wouldnt hold your breath.
u shud defo get him to ring him!

Ireland_for_pm said:
u shud defo get him to ring him!

That bit isnt a problem I am just suggesting no one expects much out of it, the guys I know see Summerbee socially pretty often, I think one of them was out with him only last week and they obviously discuss the club. At that point all he was saying was that there would be major investment in the club and if the right people were available then we would be in for them but as far as his knowledge went we had so many irons in the fire that all or none of the press rumours could be true, he just wasnt party to names or deals only speculation and he was of the impression then that this was the same throughout the club apart from a very small circle of people who were directly involved with the negotiations. Clearly this close to the window things could start to leak a little more within the club but I just doubt it. Mike seems to be a reasonable source for issues going on at the club which may be harder to contain i.e. contract negotiations or fall outs but our new owners, Hughes and Cook to an extent seem to have plugged the leaks about our business pretty well. I fully expect to hear more about our transfer dealings from the selling clubs than our own at the moment but who knows. I'll post up what gets said later when I get back.

You don't need to be an ex player with inside imformation to come up with
there would be major investment in the club and if the right people were available
That's like totally meaningless because, if it's all bullshit, and they are broke(I know that's not the case)all they would have to do at the end of the window is say see..... I was right the right people weren't available. Alternatively, if we sign 5 superstars you could still say see I was right!

Its been heard of Cook, Summmerbee and also Micah Richards that City have got someone in Jan who will shock the football world.
The only players i can think of who would do that would be Kaka or Buffon.
Your David Villa, Bellamy, Bridge, Podolski etc etc would not have that effect.
I can only think of Buffon and Kaka who would have that effect on City fans like Robiniho did.

5knuckleshuffle said:
Its been heard of Cook, Summmerbee and also Micah Richards that City have got someone in Jan who will shock the football world.
The only players i can think of who would do that would be Kaka or Buffon.
Your David Villa, Bellamy, Bridge, Podolski etc etc would not have that effect.
I can only think of Buffon and Kaka who would have that effect on City fans like Robiniho did.
Speak for yourself I would be more than shocked if we sign Bellamy, I would throw up for weeks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.