Mikel Oyarzabal

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Ardwick Green Blue, 28 Jul 2019.

1. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Yeah, he's also shite.

2. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    I also was thinking of Mahrez when i typed that..he would be a better replacement for him I think....looks to have a bit more "bottle" that Mahrez to me.....If Mahrez had beranrdo's application nd fight for instance he would be affect games more regularly

Keeper! likes this.
  3. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

Exactly well done!:))

4. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

What do I win?

5. Zenmanc

Zenmanc

I wouldn't call him slow, just hard to match anyone vs. Sterling and of course Sane. I think his playmaking ability is better than Sane however his pure goal threat (which is impacted by speed) is less.

6. Bpughh

Bpughh

seems like the club is shifting a bit of their focus to more psychological aspects rather than pure ability (which he clearly has). of course you need balance here within the team but from the little research i've done oyarzabal seems to share characterstics similar to rodri, laporte. a push away from the artsy divas like sane nasri... curious if we have any psychologists at the club. I'm sure they've always done indepth research on the players during recruitment but it is surprising to see us still ending up with players like mendy in 2018.

think oyarzabal would be a good buy. though i think he reopens the puzzle rather than completes it. maybe we move mahrez on this summer too.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2019
  7. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Leroy averages 15 a season for us. Oyarzabal scores about 14 a season for much much worse team. I wouldn't say that even his goal threat is worse and hes 15 months younger

This season so far Oyarzabal has 4 goals and 4 assists in 13 apps for Real Sociedad.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2019
  8. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Are you comparing those goal scoring stats on the same game time? Sane played on an irregular basis, part of the reason he is unsettled, were the minutes Sane played similar to Oyarzabal?
    Edit:
    I will answer my own question, last season Sane scored 16 goals and 18 assists in 2,694 minutes, whereas Oyarzabal scored 14 goals and 4 assists in 3,500 minutes.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2019
  9. karen7

karen7

Reported #ManCity transfer target, Real Sociedad winger Mikel Oyarzabal: “I have said a thousand times - I am in the place I want to be. Things have come out this summer that are not true. I am very happy in my home, and I feel very valued.” [@RadioMARCA via @Sport_Witness]

Semper aggressus likes this.
  10. liluzivertisthegoat

liluzivertisthegoat

Team supported:
    Man city
    Good player but not what we need. We need some pace, or otherwise he could become the new Nolito

Keeper! likes this.