Miles kane

Parksidecity said:
All the great Manchester Music , and they pick someone from outside the City and someone who hasn't had a top ten hit.
If it upsets you that much, perhaps you'd be better giving it a swerve then?

not upset but talking about it in a football forum. Opening up debate or seeing if anyone else agrees or disagrees

Kind of the way it works

Parksidecity said:
Just launching his solo stuff - former lead singer of the rascals ( who did nothing ) more famous for being artic monkeys lead singers best mates

would only appeal to about 5% of people going - though not credible would be better having a Oasis tribute band

What about
Badly drawn boy
The doves
Kid Brittish
New order
Johnny Marr - all bands connected with City.

I agree someone with ties to the City would have been better, but disagree with some of the other stuff in your post. He toured his first solo album a couple of years ago, and has had a number one album with the Last Shadow Puppets. I'm suprised he's not had more success as a solo artist.

Wafty it was on the shirt tail of Alex Turner...

The rascals were brutal and his solo stuff not much better. Though not cool the take the clientele a Oasis tribute band would have gone down better. Audience will be kids and guys in their 30 40s - who won't a clue about his music

hope the event is a major success and i think its a great idea but don't think Miles Kane is the man for the show

I'm in agreement that Miles Kane is not the right man for this. There are so many people linked to Manchester that would have been a better and more obvious choice.

However, I do think Miles Kane is decent, and adds value to the evening. £10 to see him blast out a few tunes along with the rest of the stuff going on at City Live is a bargain.

M24 Citizen said:
Never heard of Kid Brittish but Kid British have disbanded.
Doves aren't together at the moment neither (they've not split up, just having a break).

for £10 would have exspected the rolling stones !! knew nothing about miles kane very highly rated by the trendy ones at work .listened to his two albums and well impressed.looking forward to seeing him live .can anyone post up "dont forget who you are " to give people a chance to judge him ?

Of course Johnny Marr or one of the Gallagher brothers would have been great, I like Miles Kane, not going myself but the people who do should enjoy him :) .

I saw The Little Flames (his first band) quite a few years ago. Think I've even got one of their single somewhere. They were decent, sounded a bit like Blondie. Wouldn't pay to see Mr Kane do his solo stuff though.

I don't imagine many of the big Manchester acts would be that interested. They would rake in more from doing a their own show at a smaller venue like The Ritz or Academy 1 where they could charge about £30 a ticket.

Motty said:
Of course Johnny Marr or one of the Gallagher brothers would have been great, I like Miles Kane, not going myself but the people who do should enjoy him :) .

Problem is the Gallagher brothers wouldn't give a fcuk. Used to be a big fan but when was the last time they did anything for the Blues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.