Milner and Ireland

Bongo Joe

Most of you are saying how you think Ireland is a one season wonder and that he should leave. Isn't that just what Milner is? He's had one good season and suddenly he's worth £25m. I'd rather stick with Ireland and give him a chance, he can prove to be a better player than Milner.

Bongo Joe said:
Most of you are saying how you think Ireland is a one season wonder and that he should leave. Isn't that just what Milner is? He's had one good season and suddenly he's worth £25m. I'd rather stick with Ireland and give him a chance, he can prove to be a better player than Milner.

15m and Ireland for Milner...... Jobs a goodun!!!!!

Milner is not worth the money we are paying out. With Balotelli almost a done deal he can be used on the wings which he did at Inter. Also that deal is working out a lot cheaper than Milner. After his World Cup his value should drop and any deal involving Ireland I would rule out. A on form Ireland is a better player than a on form Milner. I hope we dont sign him no other of the big clubs are in for him yet. Most are waiting to see if he can reproduce what he did last season.

tevezskeen said:
Ireland = Milner

I don't know how good Milner is as I have only seen snippets of him for England and Villa.

What I will say is that Ireland is very talented but totally inconsistent.

Great players are not great because they have so much more talent. They are great because they reproduce more often.

Ireland on his day is as good as Iniesta and Fabregas. They just have many more good days.

I dont think you can justify even a straight swap for milner and ireland, Let alone big wedge of cash on top. Id stick with superman and with Balotelli seemingly on his way he can do the job on the wing or up front. No need for Milner, But what do i know.

robbieh said:
tevezskeen said:
Ireland = Milner

I don't know how good Milner is as I have only seen snippets of him for England and Villa.

What I will say is that Ireland is very talented but totally inconsistent.

Great players are not great because they have so much more talent. They are great because they reproduce more often.

Ireland on his day is as good as Iniesta and Fabregas. They just have many more good days.

Now your talking shit mate!!

FFS Iniesta and Cesc are World Class Players!!

Milners Club record
02/03 22 apps 2 goals
03/04 38 apps 5 goals
04/05 25 apps 2 goals
05/06 40 apps 5 goals
06/07 53 apps 4 goals
07/08 32 apps 3 goals
08/09 46 apps 7 goals
09/10 47 apps 12 goals
Now bearing in mind the lad is still only 24 and therefore the above lists his stats from when he was just 17 and doesnt even take into account any assists made, I think its fair to say it is harsh to say the least to label the kid as a one season wonder.

Now I know he's a little younger but compare those stats with our very own 'Supermans'
05/06 28 apps no goals
06/07 29 apps 3 goals
07/08 39 apps 4 goals
08/09 50 apps 13 goals
09/10 35 apps 3 goals

I would happily say that Milners acheivements compare rather favourably would'nt you???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.