Milner and Ireland

Ireland for me just needs to sort his head out and get back to the form 2 seasons ago.

Now bearing in mind the lad is still only 24 and therefore the above lists his stats from when he was just 17 and doesnt even take into account any assists made, I think its fair to say it is harsh to say the least to label the kid as a one season wonder.

yea, he's been pretty average all the way through his career.

Do you have stats for assists over those years?

Milner has played well consistently for a few seasons now and I thought we should've been in for him when he left Newcastle. But he's not worth 20 plus million pounds.

For that one season Ireland was amazing and it would be great if he could get back to that kind of form. I think we should stick with him because Milner is just not worth it.

mcfcstu said:
Ireland for me just needs to sort his head out and get back to the form 2 seasons ago.

He does, but can he is the question - cracks in his psyche already seemed to be showing then and last season was nothing short of catastrophic - to go from fans fave to almost the boo-boy in months???

And can anyone tell me why it appears to be Ireland vs Milner? They are totally different players to these eyes. Cant we have both? People are going to already of Milners back when he does come blaming him for Irelands demise. Totally unfair.

Finally, if you think that Ireland on his day is as good as Fabregas or Iniesta you dont watch the same game I do

Finally, if you think that Ireland on his day is as good as Fabregas or Iniesta you dont watch the same game I do
What he means is, Ireland can do all the things these guys do but not consistently.
Iniesta and Fabregas's game isn't all about skill, it's making the right decisions at the right time and they do that more often than Ireland.
However you can't compare Ireland to Milner, at their best Ireland is skill and guile, Milner is power and stamina.

GAZZA said:
What he means is, Ireland can do all the things these guys do but not consistently.
Iniesta and Fabregas's game isn't all about skill, it's making the right decisions at the right time and they do that more often than Ireland.
However you can't compare Ireland to Milner, at their best Ireland is skill and guile, Milner is power and stamina.
Ireland on his day cant do what fabregas does. You do know Fabregas in the last 5 years have ove 90 assists in the league? I can show you a game when he was 16 playing for Arsenal first team and he was dictating the game and hitting 40-50 yard passes inch perfect. he is leagues above Ireland when it comes to talent and ability

It wouldn't of really mattered if Ireland didn't score a single goal in that 08/09 season, the ammount of assists he made was unbelievable.

Great player, City through and through. Form in temporary. Class is permanent....keep the faith.

Ireland > Milner

bluemoonmatt said:
Milners Club record
02/03 22 apps 2 goals
03/04 38 apps 5 goals
04/05 25 apps 2 goals
05/06 40 apps 5 goals
06/07 53 apps 4 goals
07/08 32 apps 3 goals
08/09 46 apps 7 goals
09/10 47 apps 12 goals
Now bearing in mind the lad is still only 24 and therefore the above lists his stats from when he was just 17 and doesnt even take into account any assists made, I think its fair to say it is harsh to say the least to label the kid as a one season wonder.

Now I know he's a little younger but compare those stats with our very own 'Supermans'
05/06 28 apps no goals
06/07 29 apps 3 goals
07/08 39 apps 4 goals
08/09 50 apps 13 goals
09/10 35 apps 3 goals

I would happily say that Milners acheivements compare rather favourably would'nt you???
cheers for that ,folk seem to forget how good milner is!!!

mcfcstu said:

How much time are we to give him? Milner would be a reliable prospect to have in the Team but Ireland on top form gets the shirt, IMHO. We just need to find that form or let such a potential liability move on.

mad zab said:
robbieh said:
I don't know how good Milner is as I have only seen snippets of him for England and Villa.

What I will say is that Ireland is very talented but totally inconsistent.

Great players are not great because they have so much more talent. They are great because they reproduce more often.

Ireland on his day is as good as Iniesta and Fabregas. They just have many more good days.

Now your talking shit mate!!

FFS Iniesta and Cesc are World Class Players!!

Im with you mate, Ireland isnt fit to lace Iniesta boots, not many players are but still i wouldnt pit Ireland even in the great class let alonw world class<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 am --<br /><br />Milner also hit as many assists as Fabregas making him joint top assist in prem league and created 64 goal scoring chances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.