Milner and Ireland

Ireland didn't even have one good season. He was excellent in some games, good in some games, average in some games and poor in some games in 2008-09. That's why hendidnt win the Young Player of the Year award.

Milner is good or excellent every week! And he was the same at Newcastle and the same at Leeds. He's faster than Ireland and stronger. He also works a lot harder when the opposition has the ball and works extremely hard to find space to be passed to when his teammates have the ball - that's the worst part of Ireland's game.

However, I still don't think Milner is worth much more than £15million and at City's inflated prices £20m. If we pay more than that I think we've been foolish again!

milner was a good player a few years ago which is why villa paid 12 mil for him. hes come on leaps and bounds since then, so thats why hes now rated in the 20mil bracket. he's the ideal midfielder we require imo, so lets get him signed.

DIGSY said:
I dont think you can justify even a straight swap for milner and ireland, Let alone big wedge of cash on top. Id stick with superman and with Balotelli seemingly on his way he can do the job on the wing or up front. No need for Milner, But what do i know.

You talk sense.

That's my take too.

Didsbury Dave said:
DIGSY said:
I dont think you can justify even a straight swap for milner and ireland, Let alone big wedge of cash on top. Id stick with superman and with Balotelli seemingly on his way he can do the job on the wing or up front. No need for Milner, But what do i know.

You talk sense.

That's my take too.

Can we stop calling him Superman now. He wasnt even fucking Robin last year

I'm sorry but too many people are blinded by Ireland's one good season and a handful of good displays over the course of another 4 seasons. Milner, as proven by his appearances, goals and assists since he came into Leeds first team at 16 show him to be consistent and good player. He's certainly not worth £20m+ but if people honestly think Ireland is worth £15m+ then it is good value in my opinion. All I ever seem to see is Ireland needs to sort his head out, he needs a run in the team, he needs to rediscover his form over 2 seasons ago. He had a run in the team last year and was poor up until he suffered his dizzy spell and a few niggly injuries. However, when he overcame these, and he was given good time to recover, he came back and was once again very, very poor.

I'd love to see him succeed but I just don't think he can do that with us. We all love to see academy products go on to achieve wonderful things but there comes a time when we need to accept that they just aren't going to be good enough to achieve the goals we are aiming for.

Didsbury Dave said:
DIGSY said:

You talk sense.

That's my take too.
Cheers Dave, your the the first person to agree with me on any topic.

Very interesting this..."Who is better? Ireland or Milner?"

At his best, Ireland is the better player. No doubt.

But if you want an objective, factual, irrefutable guide to who really is the better... then just look at the transfer market for the answer.

Who is valued higher? Who is wanted by the better clubs? If both were up for grabs at the same price... who would the top managers choose?

The fact that Milner is linked with City and Spurs and Liverpool... and at a ludicrous price of £30m... whiole Ireland is linked with Villa, Sunderland and Fulham... for a more realistic £10m.

Is that the best way to judge their relative worth? Do Wenger, Ferguson, O'Neill and Mancini know better or is there some other way to judge a players merits?

Only talking aloud, as I don't have the answer.

Just wished Ireland could get back to being the player he could be and we didn't have to overspend by £10m or maybe even £20m...

Can we stop the stupid Ireland threads now, 50% love him 50% don't, only time will tell if he'll be a great (just hope it's with us not Manure)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.