Milner

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Forzacitizens said:
for starters he's not the same type of player as Ozil, more of a grafter which is what we need in our team, also I would pay 20 million for him
I thought he was being lined up as a "lock-picker" to open up defences.Thats what we need.Bob just doesn't trust Ireland enough to do the job.

The lock-picker is David Silva, the guy who we paid £24,000,000 to get.

fatbloke said:
I thought he was being lined up as a "lock-picker" to open up defences.Thats what we need.Bob just doesn't trust Ireland enough to do the job.

this

Forzacitizens said:
fatbloke said:

this
So who's playing left sided attack.I was under the impression Bellamy was leaving with Silva taking his place.

Forzacitizens said:
So who's playing left sided attack.I was under the impression Bellamy was leaving with Silva taking his place.

Judging by pre-season, we'll be playing a diamond formation with Silva sat just in behind a front two. It's very solid defensively and gives the front three as such a lot more freedom.

fatbloke said:

Judging by pre-season, we'll be playing a diamond formation with Silva sat just in behind a front two. It's very solid defensively and gives the front three as such a lot more freedom.
That would make Silva,am,Toure,dm,AJ,lm but who as rm? And where does that leave Barry and DeJong? Or Kompany for that matter,who only keeps his place in the team if Boateng plays at rb.

I think you're misunderstanding mate, I don't think we'll start the season with wide players at all. The 'diamond' formation is very narrow and defensively orientated and looking at how we have lined up so far in pre-season seems to be Mancini's preferred system. Adam Johnson and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be there to give us a the option of bringing on a wingers against opposition who are stiffling our threat through the centre and I personally think Bellamy (if he stays) we be used more as a pacy striker than a wide player.

fatbloke said:
I think you're misunderstanding mate, I don't think we'll start the season with wide players at all. The 'diamond' formation is very narrow and defensively orientated and looking at how we have lined up so far in pre-season seems to be Mancini's preferred system. Adam Johnson and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be there to give us a the option of bringing on a wingers against opposition who are stiffling our threat through the centre and I personally think Bellamy (if he stays) we be used more as a pacy striker than a wide player.

This.

He will play either the diamond with NDJ or Barry as the holder with Yaya and Barry/Milner as the left and right side fo the diamond and Silva at the tip, oo'er.

------------NDJ/Barry------------
----Yaya/PV---------Barry/Milner----
--------------Silva-------------
------Tevez/Torres---Ade/Balotelli

He will look for width from the fullbacks and allow the centre mids to cover when they go forward.

As fat bloke says he can do this and then if it isn't working out put AJ, SWP, Bellers on as impact subs to try and get some width switching to a regular 4-4-2.

Alternatively he could play his 4-2-3-1 which, I love and, would look something like this:

-NDJ/Barry---Yaya/Milner-
Tevez----Silva----Balotelli
--------Ade/Torres-----------

This would be my preferred option against less able opponents as they will tend to sit deep and let us come onto them, oo'er again. We'll need to have an extra man to try and break down the 2 lines of 4 and if the fullbacks do get forward Nige/Garry and Yaya/Milner can step in to cover the gaps.

At least that is what I think might happen, I'm sure Bobby has a much better idea of what he wants to do with his team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.