Minibus etiquette

BLUEYESTU

Because of Covid the department I work in at my local hospital has been moved to another hospital 30 minutes away and we have to be transported in a minibus every day there and back.
There’s a young foreign woman who gets on and she spends the entire journey babbling away in a foreign language on her phone and it’s driving me crazy! The rest of us just sit there quietly while she babbles on. I want to turn around and say “Not everyone wants to listen to your conversation” but am really not sure if that would be rude, or even worse construed as racist!
Should I say something or just bite my tongue?

Brings back a memory of travelling down to Wembley for the Utd semi final on a Megabus £10 fare,sat next to an Asian chap who never stopped gabbling into his phone and when a call finished it was only seconds before another call came in,the ringtone was a trumpet ffs I was so glad to get off the coach at Victoria after over 4 hours of this incessant noise.

Because of Covid the department I work in at my local hospital has been moved to another hospital 30 minutes away and we have to be transported in a minibus every day there and back.
There’s a young foreign woman who gets on and she spends the entire journey babbling away in a foreign language on her phone and it’s driving me crazy! The rest of us just sit there quietly while she babbles on. I want to turn around and say “Not everyone wants to listen to your conversation” but am really not sure if that would be rude, or even worse construed as racist!
Should I say something or just bite my tongue?
Get a bike

OP why do you think it could be racist? If she was babbling on speaking english the entire journey, would you have posted on here?
If the answer is yes then you are not racist.
Stop being a wus, if she is being annoying tell her.

At least you can then start another thread about your discipline hearing.

Fight fire with fire.
Get one of these.View attachment 9499

Reminds me back in the 80's I went for a job at Ford in dagenham. Dont now why really I would of hated it !.
Anyway got passed all the practical part of the interview easy, than the verbal interview. This was about 15 people ( yes 15 ! ) who were doing the interview. I was getting pissed of with it by now and didnt want the job. This one interviewer said what would you do if the west Indian man next to you on the line turned his reggae music up to loud ? Turn my music up louder, was my reply lol

I wasnt offered a job lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.