Misplaced Optimism

lionheart

According to the Matchday Forum prediction thread, 22 expected City to win at Spurs; 5 expected a draw;and a solitary 1 (not me) predicted a City defeat. Why are City followers these days so unrealistic? It was pretty obvious to anyone that Spurs needed the three points more than we did. I bet there are some on here who honestly thought that, before last night's scond half debacle, we might still manage to snatch the title from Manure this season. We can appear rather foolish at times.

because thats what city fans do ... expect to win, but are not surprised when we lose ... its what we do, or at least used to do. A couple of years ago 22 would have expected us to lose, and 1 to win. At least now we have optimism, if sometimes misplaced, but nowadays its usually realistic optimism.

i optimistically forecast some big name signings this summer, and to re-take the title next season .... misplaced, or realistic??

lionheart said:
According to the Matchday Forum prediction thread, 22 expected City to win at Spurs; 5 expected a draw;and a solitary 1 (not me) predicted a City defeat. Why are City followers these days so unrealistic? It was pretty obvious to anyone that Spurs needed the three points more than we did. I bet there are some on here who honestly thought that, before last night's scond half debacle, we might still manage to snatch the title from Manure this season. We can appear rather foolish at times.
God you are morose

I never make pre-match predictions but what on earth would be the point in predicting City to lose every game, do you have no understanding whatsoever of the human psyche
if the poster thought we were going to lose every week what would be the point in supporting them?

For the record I don't think we will beat Swansea, but am quietly confident we will beat West Ham, the Baggies, Norwich and Reading. Does that make me a bad man?

You are ofcourse going to be biased because you want your own team to win accusing city fans of expecting the best from there team?

Just a joke really give it a rest EVERY single set of fans in the sport world will predict a % towards their own team it's the science of psychology not opinion and if you look closely a lot of them said

Head says draw heart says 3-1 city which is a whole lot more than yankees MLB fans or rags or anything so why pick on city on a city forum for fuck sake

Absolute joke

Am I allowed to say I think we will beat Norwich City 7-0? If we only beat them 6-0 is that misplaced optimism?

bluemoon4ever said:
because thats what city fans do ... expect to win, but are not surprised when we lose ... its what we do, or at least used to do. A couple of years ago 22 would have expected us to lose, and 1 to win. At least now we have optimism, if sometimes misplaced, but nowadays its usually realistic optimism.
Not me. I'm still in the 'expect to lose' brigade. That way, the eventual loss comes as something of a small victory and sleep is not disturbed. If we scrape a draw, it's above expectations and can be celebrated with a small sherry. If the gods really want to screw around with our heads, they can give us a win, whereupon we go on a bender for several days.

another generation said:
bluemoon4ever said:
Not me. I'm still in the 'expect to lose' brigade. That way, the eventual loss comes as something of a small victory and sleep is not disturbed. If we scrape a draw, it's above expectations and can be celebrated with a small sherry. If the gods really want to screw around with our heads, they can give us a win, whereupon we go on a bender for several days.
does that mean you have been on week long benders between August and May for the last three years, apart from a few defeats where you get a break?

squirtyflower said:
another generation said:
does that mean you have been on week long benders between August and May for the last three years, apart from a few defeats where you get a break?
Well, I didn't exactly get much done, no. Wanted so much more of City that it turned me into a recluse between games, where my time was spent just waiting. When matchdays came, there was finally something to live for. The international breaks were the worst!

another generation said:
squirtyflower said:
another generation said:
Well, I didn't exactly get much done, no. Wanted so much more of City that it turned me into a recluse between games, where my time was spent just waiting. When matchdays came, there was finally something to live for. The international breaks were the worst!
not for your liver!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.