Missing 10-1 Match Balls

City_Shirts

As mentioned it's 33 years ago today since we thrashed Huddersfield Town 10-1, I currently own two of the 4 balls used that day which leaves two still out there somewhere.

I'd love to find them to complete the set.

I have the official match ball which I purchased from a good friend of the late Ken Barnes, he donated it a few weeks after the match, three other balls were issued to the hat-trick scorers David White, Paul Stewart and Tony Adcock.

Match balls were presented to the man of the match during the 87-88 season but Bernard Halford refused to issue out a 'fifth' ball to MOTM that day Paul Simpson, who had to make do with a bottle of Champagne instead !!

The second ball I have was purchased from David White, while Paul Stewart lost his over the years and Tony Adcock gave his away to a Charity event in the Chelmsford area during the early 1990's.

Extremely long shot I know but anyone has any information on the missing match balls then please get in touch.

10-1.jpg

Last edited:
Swales was rippin at having to issue 2 extra balls, he said something like "at £50 a piece it is and expensive business".

I was always under the impression Adcock got the actual ball as he scored his hattrick first.

One of the balls was on loan to City for many years (May still be) and I had it on display in the original club museum when we opened at Christmas 2003. It was still there when I ceased involvement in Jan 2009. It was loaned to us by a staff member from Brother who had either bought it via an auction at some point or been given it by a player. I can’t remember which. Obviously, I would expect it still to be on loan to the club but you’d have to check with archivist Steph Alder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.