Missing 1926 Shirt COA Crest

City_Shirts

Champions 37,68,12,14,18,19,21,22, 23, 24, ?
Here’s the oldest shirt in the collection which turns 97 years old tomorrow.

George Hicks match worn FA Cup final shirt v Bolton on 24th April 1926, complete Wembley mud stains !!

I would love to re-unite the shirt with the original coat of arms badge that has been carefully removed at some stage, who knows could well be stored away somewhere !!

3878C398-0A27-4B5E-99BF-167FB5AF5765.jpeg

I checked my wardrobe. Nothing. Sorry. Something that tiny left in the wrong place could have even have succumbed to biodegradation or the Blitz. Did you trace the places the shirt went from 1926 to it arriving with you? I wonder if a forensic study of the shirts route could lead to a place the badge may be lodged.

The reason I say this, is because I have found lost TV remotes that way. Also, some of our Nana's documents were found against the back of a Welsh dresser, between the drawer and the upright rear internal beam. If it wasn't for a clean up, we'd never have found these interesting lost documents 50 years later.

I checked my wardrobe. Nothing. Sorry. Something that tiny left in the wrong place could have even have succumbed to biodegradation or the Blitz. Did you trace the places the shirt went from 1926 to it arriving with you? I wonder if a forensic study of the shirts route could lead to a place the badge may be lodged.

The reason I say this, is because I have found lost TV remotes that way. Also, some of our Nana's documents were found against the back of a Welsh dresser, between the drawer and the upright rear internal beam. If it wasn't for a clean up, we'd never have found these interesting lost documents 50 years later.

Cheers acton28 and I've tried a few angles but no joy but I know it's an extremely long shot but you never know

Wow that's some piece of history, nearly 100 years old! Good luck finding the badge, if it could be reunited for the centenary it would be something - possible City could be at Wembley that year too! Don't envy the task but good luck.

Was there a habit of keeping the badge rather than the whole shirt maybe at one point? Not sure why it would be removed otherwise, unless it was transfered to a different item of clothing or maybe a display.

Maybe in those days they swapped badges instead of shirts and a Notlob player asked George for his at HT. :-)

Seriously though, it seems to be a long shot but it would be great if you manage to track it down.

Maybe in those days they swapped badges instead of shirts and a Notlob player asked George for his at HT. :-)

Seriously though, it seems to be a long shot but it would be great if you manage to track it down.
Extremely long shot I know mate but you just never know and as a collector you can never say never and live in hope. It will be 100 years old in two and bit years so will keep looking until then :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.