Missing City games for other social events

Goaters

With another big game coming up tomorrow - how often does your life outside of City impact on going to or watching games live?

My wife booked Michael Mcintrye tickets for tomorrow about 6 months ago and means I’m missing the Chelsea game to watch that unfunny southern ponce.

But as you get older do kids, life and general apathy mean the once holy grail of going to city games get impacted more and more?

With another big game coming up tomorrow - how often does your life outside of City impact on going to or watching games live?

My wife booked Michael Mcintrye tickets for tomorrow about 6 months ago and means I’m missing the Chelsea game to watch that unfunny southern ponce.

But as you get older do kids, life and general apathy mean the once holy grail of going to city games get impacted more and more?

The middle part of your life is the most difficult definitely, before marriage and children and after the children have grown up is a lot easier.

I have a clear set of priorities which means all my friends and family ( even ones who live in Wales) consult the City fixture list before making any arrangements which involve me. My wife even forgave me for going to Napoli in 2017 when Sergio broke the club scoring records. Hope that clears things up on my behalf

It’s one thing missing a game, a totally different thing doing so to watch Michael f**king McIntyre. I’d divorce mine solely on making me go to that alone even if it was between seasons.

Just sayin’.

I was always the type that I'd never miss a City game no matter what, I'd go to watch City even if the missus had something orangised for us to do whether it was just the two of us or something with the kids.

It got to a stage where she would stop asking me to do anything on the weekends because she knew City was on and what time they were on at.

I regret alot of that massively now as I got older, I missed out on alot af deadly activities and family time. Now family come first like it always should have.

Go to watch Michael McIntyre with you're wife and if there's ever anything on that the kids want to do then do it with the family. It's only football fella...The result isn't going to change by not watching it.

Trust me don't plan you're life around City. City certainly won't plan their life around you, I'm sure Astrid Wett, Angry Ginge and loads of other "Influencers" will I enjoy the game though as I'm sure they've tickets!

The middle part of your life is the most difficult definitely, before marriage and children and after the children have grown up is a lot easier.
Could not be more true 100% agree ,
My two ankle biters are nearly ready fly away ones off to uni the others got a couple of years left in cadets and probably go in the army.
Either that or I’m bringing back National Service.

When I was about 11 my idiot brother decided to get married on derby day, so I a took a small transistor radio into the church to keep up with the game, I think we won 3-0 & there may have been a small cheer from the grooms family side of the church halfway through the wedding :-)

I have been curious about this a lot lately. I have three boys ages 9, 14, and 16. We’re in the US so games are on early morning which is the prime time for kids sports. My younger boys are big into baseball and play on several teams which typically means it’s very difficult for me to watch live games this time of year. I’m usually watching the replay at night. Last year I followed the Champs League game while my son was playing in the state tournament. It was not good for my stress levels - but both teams won! I don’t know when youth sports are typically played in the UK - or if anyone plays anything like baseball which is quite the time suck. We usually have 8-10 games a weekend between the two boys so that is usually 8 hours plus travel.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.