Missing City games for other social events

With another big game coming up tomorrow - how often does your life outside of City impact on going to or watching games live?

My wife booked Michael Mcintrye tickets for tomorrow about 6 months ago and means I’m missing the Chelsea game to watch that unfunny southern ponce.

But as you get older do kids, life and general apathy mean the once holy grail of going to city games get impacted more and more?
Business is/was the biggest impactor on my football. The odd event got in the way like two weddings of two good mates, but being footy fans themselves, they understood why everyone fucked off for the 2011 FA Cup Semi Final against the Rags, & an important home match vs ArseAnal.

Their eventual wives weren't so understanding & forgiving though...

I don’t miss games but I make sure I leave each home game on 80 minutes.
This way I can ensure I can get home in time for Dancing on Ice, Strictly or Ant & Dec.

With another big game coming up tomorrow - how often does your life outside of City impact on going to or watching games live?

My wife booked Michael Mcintrye tickets for tomorrow about 6 months ago and means I’m missing the Chelsea game to watch that unfunny southern ponce.

But as you get older do kids, life and general apathy mean the once holy grail of going to city games get impacted more and more?
Yes. With me, my kids always came first and I could not always afford both. I balanced my life between family and other social activity and City. Different matter before I got hitched, though.

I've always played cricket and now umpire so I face a dilemma around mid April every season depending on the importance of the game.
Last season I missed Leeds at home, but was at both Wembley and Istanbul

The problem this time is that tomorrow's cricket game has already been cancelled and next weekend is doubtful, bordering on no chance.
Too bad that I let someone else have my Wembley and Forest ticket.

Fuck that, no chance

I was always the type that I'd never miss a City game no matter what, I'd go to watch City even if the missus had something orangised for us to do whether it was just the two of us or something with the kids.

It got to a stage where she would stop asking me to do anything on the weekends because she knew City was on and what time they were on at.

I regret alot of that massively now as I got older, I missed out on alot af deadly activities and family time. Now family come first like it always should have.

Go to watch Michael McIntyre with you're wife and if there's ever anything on that the kids want to do then do it with the family. It's only football fella...The result isn't going to change by not watching it.

Trust me don't plan you're life around City. City certainly won't plan their life around you, I'm sure Astrid Wett, Angry Ginge and loads of other "Influencers" will I enjoy the game though as I'm sure they've tickets!
Bullshit :)

Football comes first for me. I don’t have much of a family and the only social stuff I do is the pub on a Saturday night.

I’d only miss a match I’ve paid for for something hugely important like a funeral.

I went about 17 years without missing a game. It wasn’t even a choice that needed to be made. It didn’t even enter my head for a second to consider not going for any reason.

These days I’m more relaxed about it. Sometimes I just don’t fancy an away game for no particular reason, so I just don’t go and don’t lose any sleep over it. I’ve even missed an odd home game since we moved to the new ground.

I know guys older than me though, who are still as committed as ever. Don’t know whether to admire or pity them. It’s a lot harder to do every game these days than it was in my day as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.