Missing mooners

I was reading an older thread a while ago and his name was blacked out.

I have no idea what that means though.

He's definitely gone, I was just wondering why he left.
There was nothing in his last few posts to indicate that he was going to leave.
Then again, posts might have been removed that I didn't see.

The pain of losing an animal companion can never be underestimated. Probably the main reason we never got another mut after the Rotties passing. I miss those walks over yonder hill and vale but I did not miss spinning the coin of fate for who went out on Shit Patrol. The thing could crack out bankers like they'd gone out of fashion and a dreadful affair to remedy when armed with only with a bin liner and tablespoon. Even worse on our weekly kebab nights, I had special chicken, hot with no salad on a pita, the wife had special chicken, salad medium on a Nan and Kaiser had large special chicken, no salad, garlic mayo on nan and the delivery man used to write our names on the wrapping. It used to scoff his in about a minute or so and then lick the plate into oblivion and then the begging started, followed by rapturous shouts of Fook Off You Fat Cnunt you've had your and and the wife's retort of Lie Down You Slavering Fook: It even sat with us at the dining table every Christmas by facing two chairs together for his arse and paws. So yes I guess after many years loyal service you do tend to miss them. Once we had a series of animal deaths as we overfed fed the children's five guinea pigs lettuce and stuff they shouldn't have, so we had to have a mass funeral service in the garden covered with lolly-stick crosses that resembled a scene out of pet cemetery and an emossenial experience it was, especially as I had to say a few words of comfort over gismos grave. Gismo was their favourite being a long haired pig that they used to comb daily.

Lose it over my last dog so often.

A good dog, that you treat lovingly and kindly, one that you train patiently calmly and lovingly, and gives you back the best thing that can be made out of the potential of it's loyal and loving nature - it is like magic. A blueprint for good relationships that can heal the wounds of all those that didn't work out. The best sort of memories.

There's more to gain from having a dog than it loving you. Dog loves you whatever! With work, showing commitment, calmness and fairness you realise there's an intelligence in there that will trust you on the merits of your behaviour towards it.

And then noticing the other thing, that the dog will recognise your moods and try to help you get back to the healthy thing.

Seeing that work out, if you've had things go wrong, is like getting a second chance to do childhood and parenting.

You're in some ways as close as a family member. But you're an adult now, got all that experience of how to show your love. And the dog doesn't want to grow up and leave you.

You'll always wish you had the chance to go back and get more love, give it more of your best kind love and commitment. Just thank the dog and thank yourself for being kind and patient.

My dog taught me to forget about trying to engineer respect, and instead to think about how 'trust' works. I never got the whole lesson then. That, I will always wish I could put right.

Lose it over my last dog so often.

A good dog, that you treat lovingly and kindly, one that you train patiently calmly and lovingly, and gives you back the best thing that can be made out of the potential of it's loyal and loving nature - it is like magic. A blueprint for good relationships that can heal the wounds of all those that didn't work out. The best sort of memories.

There's more to gain from having a dog than it loving you. Dog loves you whatever! With work, showing commitment, calmness and fairness you realise there's an intelligence in there that will trust you on the merits of your behaviour towards it.

And then noticing the other thing, that the dog will recognise your moods and try to help you get back to the healthy thing.

Seeing that work out, if you've had things go wrong, is like getting a second chance to do childhood and parenting.

You're in some ways as close as a family member. But you're an adult now, got all that experience of how to show your love. And the dog doesn't want to grow up and leave you.

You'll always wish you had the chance to go back and get more love, give it more of your best kind love and commitment. Just thank the dog and thank yourself for being kind and patient.

My dog taught me to forget about trying to engineer respect, and instead to think about how 'trust' works. I never got the whole lesson then. That, I will always wish I could put right.
A brilliant post and eloquently delivered.

He's definitely gone, I was just wondering why he left.
There was nothing in his last few posts to indicate that he was going to leave.
Then again, posts might have been removed that I didn't see.
Was wondering myself. It would be good to know just in case taking the piss would be inappropriate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.