Missing pace in the side!

Two players who I think could change our dynamic and solve our lack of options, dani alves and gareth bale.

jay_mcfc said:
ConnorMCFC said:
The way/speed we move the ball, along with the movement off the ball. Watch Chelsea, United and Arsenal when they break, the speed and movement off the ball compared to us.

Whilst I agree we do need pace and do agree with you, it's not the be all and end all that English fans will have you believe.

We are not supposed to be an attacking team, we're supposed to do dominate and control games through possession. We do do this to an extent but it's not quite there on a regular and good enough basis

no wonder the sheik never wants to come watch us if we are not an attacking team! he must watch us and think "did I really spend THAT much money on THIS?"

we do control games, but like you said, we dont do it enough. On that basis alone you have to understand why fans are not happy

jay_mcfc said:
ConnorMCFC said:
The way/speed we move the ball, along with the movement off the ball. Watch Chelsea, United and Arsenal when they break, the speed and movement off the ball compared to us.

Whilst I agree we do need pace and do agree with you, it's not the be all and end all that English fans will have you believe.

We are not supposed to be an attacking team, we're supposed to do dominate and control games through possession. We do do this to an extent but it's not quite there on a regular and good enough basis

Has anyone said that pace is the be-all and end-all? No. However, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I have no idea what you mean by "not supposed to be an attacking team".

Judge Roughneck said:
Page 6 of this thread is where the BM knowledge is at.

Where's the pace in Manyoo's team or Arsenals or any other team in the premiership for that matter. It's not about how fast you can run, it's about how fast you can think.

We are unbalanced because we've got players who can put a foot on the ball and steady things ie Barry, Yaya and Viera. They don't move the ball quick enough.
We've only got one player who can consistently pick a pass out in Silva.

Silva was poor against Dynamo Kiev, probably the worst he's played for us. Everyone's entitled to an off day. That was the difference between us and DK. They got the ball forward quickly and the ball dropped in our area twice and they scored because they didn't allow our defence to close it down.
Although we played better we didn't get the rub of the green because we don't MOVE THE BALL FORWARD quick enough and that's why there's no space for our attackers. It's happened numerous times this season and it's our achilles heel.

Bob on!

"We only have Mario and Micah" is like saying "Scum only have Hernandez and Nani", "Chelsea only have Cole and Anelka", "Liverpool only have Suarez", "Arsenal only have Clichy and Walcott". Our players are fast enough for their jobs, it's the speed of play that needs improved.

Spurs are a very pacey side, but they're pretty one-dimensional as a result. Ping it wide for Lennon or Bale, or ping it long for a Crouch knock-down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.