MJ

jimharri said:
I was wondering where the weekly Michael Johnson thread was.

I too thought it had been a while, we seem unable to get over this man (also can be refered to as waste of talent/drink driver/tragic person/lesson on the trappings of fame/sad injury plagued youngster/scum/hope/no hope/fatty) and keep going back to him. Let it go people, this mans time has past :/

MC ID said:
jimharri said:

I too thought it had been a while, we seem unable to get over this man (also can be refered to as waste of talent/drink driver/tragic person/lesson on the trappings of fame/sad injury plagued youngster/scum/hope/no hope/fatty) and keep going back to him. Let it go people, this mans time has past :/
Agreed. A perfect example of ''nothing to see here folks, move on''.

jimharri said:
MC ID said:
jimharri said:

The fact that there is a thread about him every other week shows he made an impression on City fans regardless of current situation.
How many Gary Mason threads are about?

Some right sanctimonious cretins on this site sometimes. Is it possible that we might have at least some warmth and charity towards a fellow flawed traveller ?

He was a young lad who made a bright start and was very cruelly cut down with injuries and so his head went. He made some mistakes. Big deal. Its his life and how he lives it - and deals with the sh*t life has thrown at him - is his business. I have too many flaws of my own and probably talents going to waste to want to judge another man.

I wonder if the knockers and snipers on here have made the best of their talents?

Probably not, they're usually too busy being 'keyboard' players/coaches/managers and saints!

Best wishes Jonno, you were a bright and all-too-brief ray of light just when it was required.

Numptyed said:
jimharri said:
MC ID said:
The fact that there is a thread about him every other week shows he made an impression on City fans regardless of current situation.
How many Gary Mason threads are about?
And what is the common theme amongst most of those threads? That he had the potential to be something special and, through a combination of injuries (not his fault) and his perceived lack of common sense in the way he lived his life off the pitch, the throwing away of a career at a top club. Comparing him to Gary Mason is exceedingly naive. Mason never had any possibility of becoming a top drawer professional footballer, therefore he didn't waste what ''talent'' he had. Johnson, on the other hand; well, that's a totally different story. Also, as you said, the fans seemed to connect with Johnson when he broke into the team (a case of ''one of our own'' syndrome?), which makes his subsequent descent into mediocrity all the more annoying. Mason? I'm guessing that there weren't that many blues who were massive (sorry!) fans of his, hence the ''who cares'' element about him.

30+ games,,, about 5 good ones & a couple of goals.....

I never really got the legendary status of this waster in the 1st place..

Another average football player who was lucky enough to play in times when mediocrity is raised to ridiculous levels. The lauding this bloke gets always reminds me of every time a young Rag comes along and is immediately the next Duncan Edwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.