mobile phones - new products

I had the previous version mate. Phone wasn't bad, great battery and spec was good. Try getting a screen reacement or it repaired though. I couldn't find a shop touched them. Al that touched them. NatWest told me I couldn't get their app for security reasons. Xiaomi and another manufacturer they mentioned I can't recall name of.

Huawei are the way to go mate. They are the world leader in Cell site hard and software, and I've installed plenty of there kit for the last 5-6 years.
Their 94kg antennas are a bastard to pull up a tower on a rope n' block, but I can square rig a 3 or 4-1 pulley ratio so they are easier to man handle.
I was looking at the Huawei but they've decided to stop giving bootloader unlocking codes recently. It may be that I decide to never install a custom rom but I'd like it to be my choice so I've gone for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (4GB RAM, 32GB ROM version), it's by far the best spec phone I've ever had and being an Android One phone (and brand new) should be good for updates for awhile. The modding community will no doubt help out after that if needed. I honestly don't understand these £800 top of the line phones.

The KeyTwo is out now, but I'm not terribly interested in paying £600 for a phone - any phone. I got the Key One Black Edition for just over £300, and that has the upgraded RAM and memory, so it's rather more future proofed - I'd always suggest that over the standard silver edition unless you were going for the KeyTwo. They've brought a lot of the good stuff over from BB10, such as the Hub, which is a universal inbox for apps, emails and so on. It's not as good as the BB10 one where you could reply in line for something like Whatsapp, but it's still pretty decent.

The biggest point of difference in terms of convenience has to be the launch keys. Assign T to Twitter from the homescreen, and just hit the button to launch it, rather than scrolling through screens. It's terrific for that.

It's a mid range phone, not a flagship, but it doesn't lag or anything. Niche product, for sure. But a bloody good one.

A lesson in making rash statements. Dropped the phone, smashed the screen, went pale at the cost, rang Vodafone, they offered me a contract for about £5 more than I'm paying SIM only anyway, and now do have a Key2.

And the result? Well, it's pretty much the same. More RAM, but since the KeyOne Black Edition wasn't underpowered anyway, it makes sod all difference.

I worked with a bloke who was a proper Apple Tart.

He had the following:
iMac with Retina display,
Macbook pro,
Apple TV,
Apple watch,
IPhone,
All latest gen, top spec.

He would always be the first in the building to have the latest Apple device. So much so that he once timed his holiday to New York (at great expense) to coincide with the latest iPhone release.
Does he also wear a full football kit when out and about?

Thinking about keeping my iPhone at the end of the contract and switching to Giffgaff save about £26 a month. I don’t want a massive screen as it’s a pain to pocket, run and cycle with.
Save over £300.

If i could afford it, i would buy the new version of my phone every 6 months (OnePlus), but as it is - i can't. I have the 3T model and OnePlus released the OnePlus 6 earlier this year. I might just wait it out for the Google Pixel XL 3 now.

Does he also wear a full football kit when out and about?
Nah. He a very Metrosexual guy who wouldn't be seen dead in in a football kit. Well groomed, and likes to accessorise, hence all the Apple bling. The kind of guy who "selects and outfit" from his wardrobe rather than just getting dressed in the morning.

Thinking about keeping my iPhone at the end of the contract and switching to Giffgaff save about £26 a month. I don’t want a massive screen as it’s a pain to pocket, run and cycle with.
Save over £300.
I think Giffgaff still use 02/Telefonica network at the moment, but things may change if bought out by BT.
Giffgaff offer good value for money on SIM only deals. Also worth considering are ID mobile who operate on 3 network. This would be my preferred choice between them as my youngest daughter is on this. Costs me £10 per month(no contract) for unlimited calls(except premium rate numbers) unlimited texts and 6GB of data allowance. 3 has come a long way in recent years and now have an extensive 3G/4G network sharing the same antennas as EE on some cell sites, but not the same frequency bands as EE use. I'm on EE as they have the most extensive coverage and offer excellent customer services.

I worked with a bloke who was a proper Apple Tart.

He had the following:
iMac with Retina display,
Macbook pro,
Apple TV,
Apple watch,
IPhone,
All latest gen, top spec.

He would always be the first in the building to have the latest Apple device. So much so that he once timed his holiday to New York (at great expense) to coincide with the latest iPhone release.

Sounds an absolute bell, and someone to avoid.

I think Giffgaff still use 02/Telefonica network at the moment, but things may change if bought out by BT.
Giffgaff offer good value for money on SIM only deals. Also worth considering are ID mobile who operate on 3 network. This would be my preferred choice between them as my youngest daughter is on this. Costs me £10 per month(no contract) for unlimited calls(except premium rate numbers) unlimited texts and 6GB of data allowance. 3 has come a long way in recent years and now have an extensive 3G/4G network sharing the same antennas as EE on some cell sites, but not the same frequency bands as EE use. I'm on EE as they have the most extensive coverage and offer excellent customer services.
I’ve been with EE for years. It’s brilliant but keeping my phone but paying less really appeals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.