Modern footballers getting out of hand

This true. My dad recently told me a story of a new hire, early 20's, that was supposed to start at 9 a.m. She showed up at 11 a.m. Her reasoning was she had to exercise and get her nails done. In her mind, she was only two hours late. It shouldn't have been an issue as she had things she needed to do.
There is a 24yr old at our place with the same attitude. Over the past month he has left at dinner time to get a haircut, buy his sister a wedding present, get his windscreen wipers fixed, he has an appointment with his PT and the best of all he has been off since last Thursday when he again went at dinner as he needed to pack his suitcase for his holiday. We found out yesterday he went on Tuesday. 5 days to pack a feckin case.

Saturday and Sunday must not exist where he is from but more than likely its that its in his own time.

Surely some club somewhere sometime will call the player's bluff and say "fine, sit on the bench for the rest of your contract then". He's hardly gonna command a huge fee so if I was on the Arsenal board, that would be my position. Cheeky fucker.
Is there not something that says if a club does not play a fit player then the player can leave after a certain time. I don't think it has been used as much.

Modern thing seems to be strategic power balance, whereas years ago the player would be 5 days late after going AWOL pissed.

I just listened to a Frank Mcavennie interview, Fcking hilarious.

Where has this current trend of not turning up for what you are employed to do come from? Neymar, Griezmann, Lemina, Pogba threatening and now Koscielny.

They weren't forced to sign the contracts they were offered so they should respect it.

I've never known a time where it is so common, you've always had the odd one like Pierre van Hooijdonk but we've had five in a week.

Clubs need to stand firm on this otherwise it will get out of hand and players will sign five year contracts knowning they can kick up a fuss in a years time and get their move as the club don't wish to have an asset worth millions not making millions for them sat in the stands or development teams.
Footballers are wankers. They just happen to play the sport I like. But even then I don’t particularly like the way they play the sport with all the injury feigning, diving, moaning and time wasting.

Every now and again you get some decent lads who aren’t ****s, don’t dive about and roll around, and that’s a bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.