Moment(s) of the season

First Pint of the Season: “Dicks Bar” at the Amex Brighton
Best opposing fans: Feyenoord in Rotterdam
Most Expensive beer: £8 a pint in Basel
Cheapest beer: 40p a pint in Kharkiv
Most spectacularly drunk fans: City in Kharkiv (can you spot the clue?).
Best Performance: 4-1 v Spurs
Most formidable opponent: Martin Atkinson
Best goal: Sane v Stoke (KDB's pass)
Best individual performance: Bravo v Wolves
Best celebration: Mendy after Sterling’s last minute goal v Southampton.
Biggest hypocrites: Liverpool fans worrying about Police protection in Rome.
Funniest Moment: Trying to piece together the previous night, on the morning of the League Cup Final.
Predictable Moment: Blagging our way into an Arsenal pub, despite being warned not to go there.
Even more predictable: Everybody launching into Frankie Howard impressions at the Pompeii Forum.
Most irritating myth: Liverpool would have won if it wasn’t for Mane’s Red Card.
Most stupid quote by a woman called Rudd: (Alyson, not Amber) “City haven’t really played anyone yet”, (the day after we’d beaten the Champions at Stamford Bridge)
Worst commentary: Tyler’s “payback”
Are we the best ever? Don’t care.

I like those, but I would substitute the most formidable opponent from a PiGMOL ref (Atkinson or Taylor) to a Uefa placeman (Lahoz)! Never has a bigger canute been in charge of a whistle.

Top 10 in chronological order (imo)

Sterling late goal at Bournemouth
Smashing Liverpool 5-0
Aguero's solo goal at Watford
KDB goal at Stamford Bridge
KDB pass to Sané vs Stoke
4-2 win at Napoli
Sterling late goal vs Southampton
Winning the derby at OT
League Cup final
Winning the league

As a one off 'moment' Sterling's late Southampton goal for me. Can't beat last minute drama.

It extended our winning streak and I think gave us a shift in momentum that scared other teams off and boosted our own players confidence immeasurably. Allowed us to push on and believe we could win every game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.