More trams

...and so the answer is...drum roll.. LESS TRAMS (ok FEWER!)
https://tfgm.com/news/service-pattern-change-2018

Alty services (which were doubled on match days) will stop at Piccadilly, and only the Media City ones will now run through to the Etihad, which will probably be singles. As they don't run after 8, there's a reduced regular service, and we'll be forced to rely on any additional scraps Metrolink throw for us. As an enthusiastic tram user, I'm very pissed off by this - the vast majority of tram users get on the Alty services and travel right through to Sale and beyond. Changing at Cornbrook on a freezing winter night doesn't appeal.

Fecking idiots.

There are thousands of blues using that Alty line each week through Sale and Brooklands.

I give up.

Who the fuck is coming from Media City in Salford, a red shithole?

It would doubtless cost big bucks to build a station and I would guess signalling improvements, but it's needed! Some trains that currently run into Picc. could be diverted that way and run to VIc. The station would not just serve City on match days but would be an asset for the whole area under development. City will never reach the potential they aspire to while transport to and from the ground is so piss poor. Can no one see that many people are put off going by the sheer hassle involved in getting to and from the ground?
Well City aren't paying Sanchez £350k/week for three years so i'm sure they can put that £54m in wages into a new service (be it a new train line or monorail or something) that goes from the Campus to Town and back on a loop.

Half a dozen ready and waiting at the end of each match, don't have to worry about the rest of the Metrolink routes/lines/services as they won't be connected to any other network.

You'd think the club would want to get it sorted out!

The plans for our stadium were drawn up for the 2000 Olympics bid in 1996. Then modified in 1998 for the successful 2002 Commonwealth Games bid. That was two fucking decades ago and we're still stuck with one Met and about four buses waiting for fans post-game. I know Manchester has an utterly terrible public transport system but we have Abu Dhabi money, it's not like City are relying on TfGM money so it's not like City have to run at the shambolic level of Manchester's transport system, we can do our own thing surely?

Last edited by a moderator:
...and so the answer is...drum roll.. LESS TRAMS (ok FEWER!)
https://tfgm.com/news/service-pattern-change-2018

Alty services (which were doubled on match days) will stop at Piccadilly, and only the Media City ones will now run through to the Etihad, which will probably be singles. As they don't run after 8, there's a reduced regular service, and we'll be forced to rely on any additional scraps Metrolink throw for us. As an enthusiastic tram user, I'm very pissed off by this - the vast majority of tram users get on the Alty services and travel right through to Sale and beyond. Changing at Cornbrook on a freezing winter night doesn't appeal.
Fuckin' Nora!

One of the benefits of me moving back to Alty was the Etihad Mets that ran from Alty Stn. I'd be 40minutes from my front room to my seat at the Etihad.

Now they're changing it? WANKERS!

well Metrolink confirm that there will be no reduction in capacity on matchday services, not that there was enough to start with. We'll see...had to change anyway so I lose out as much as before, only bummer is I can't change at Trafford Bar so will have to go to Cornbrook so I will have frozen to death waiting for the Didsbury tram.

Fuck the metro! The service I'd appalling enough but the announcement no direct trams from Altrincham is the last straw. I shall get the train to Ashbury and walk, or the train and the 216. Talk about committing financial suicide, what bright spark came up with this masterstroke??

The Alti line is proabably the busiest for Blues and vital for evening matches when traffic is awful. This has just made it so much harder. I wonder if City/Pep/the players still wonder why crowds are low and people leave early.

Fecking idiots.

There are thousands of blues using that Alty line each week through Sale and Brooklands.

I give up.

Who the fuck is coming from Media City in Salford, a red shithole?
I get on at Sale, albeit I didn’t like changing at Cornbook when they were doing Peterloo Sqare up I understood it. I can’t understand this shit decision.

Surely they’re not so f...ing thick as to not make an exception for match days

For those in Altrincham I found an alternative to get home for night games that works for me. Before I used to get the bus to town then the tram. I then had to get a bus to the Cheshire cheese and walk or a taxi home from Altrincham bus station. I was on pins trying to catch the last 263 to leave Altrincham at 11 pm. Now I get the bus to town and catch the 10:30 pm 263 to Altrincham which drops me off at the Cheshire cheese anyway so relieving the pressure slightly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.