mortgage booking fee's

brass neck

Are these the next big rip off that needs highlighted and dealt with during the public, press and politician lead humbling of the banking trade?

Abbey national

2 year fixed deal
Quote:
Our lowest offer - currently 5.39% until 02.02.2011.
The overall cost for comparison is 6.9% APR
Booking fee £1,499An early repayment charge applies if you repay all or part of your mortgage in the first 2 years
Limited to 70% loan to value and maximum loan size of £250k

Now is it me or is yet another example of piss taking from the organisations that brought you, the credit crunch, the recession, unlawful overdraft fee's, huge executive bonuses, ridiculous policy decisions that lead to the problems we see today, refusal to pass on base interest cuts, refusal to do as the tax payer says, refusal to recognize the banks are now publicly owned, delight in repossessions....and financial support of the Argentinians during the Falklands war!!!!
They are all cnunts, they pretty much caused all this problem we have now we have bailed them out and they STILL take the piss...

johnmc said:
Surely it isnt that much??
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?c=GSProducto&cid=1127562677522&pagename=Abbey%2FGSProducto%2FGS_Categoria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?c=G ... _Categoria</a>

It is a piss take. I got stung for this when I had mortgages, you are paying £500-1k for a spotty graduate who just spent 20k on an 'education' to work in a call centre to press a button on a computer to 'arrange' your mortgage....a joke.

twats arent they. didnt think it was that much to be honest. had a figure of £250 in my head. But they try to soften the blow dont they by saying it wont need to be paid off in one it can be spread over the life off the mortgage - meaning 25 years at 6% meaning a lot more than £1500.

They do still take the piss and they will continue to do so until enough people kick up a fuss. The unlawful overdraft charges you mentioned were contested by millions of people who finally realised, "Hey up. We're being shagged up the arse here", demanded their money back knowing it was legally theres and reclaimed their cash. That many people challenged the banks that the banks are in court about it. The same scenario has happened previously with credit cards resulting in c/c charges being at a fixed £12.

I think a lot of the things and services we pay for are well overpriced and it'll probably take the same sort of revolt against them as the credit cards and overdraft charges disputes to stop our wallets being raped for the essential things we HAVE to pay for.

It isn't new though is it? They've been doing it for years. Why should they not charge you for avoiding SVR?

I went to my mortgage lender a few months back. Thought I was in a good place to negotiate for a better deal as I have never missed a payment in 14 years and have been with the lender as a customer for 27 years in some shape or other.

They offered me a cut in the interest if I swapped to a different mortgage, but it would save me only 16 quid a month.OK I thought, better it's in my pocket than theirs. Until I saw the fee for the swap....one thousand and five hundred quid. I only have 11 years left on my mortgage and told them to eff off.

denislawsbackheel said:
It isn't new though is it? They've been doing it for years. Why should they not charge you for avoiding SVR?
cos the variation in interest could go down as well as up and fixed deals are usually a bit higher than a variable deal anyway to take the shift into account. They charge us for the the same reason they charge £30 a letter..because they can and NOT ONE organisation has fought for the consumers rights against banking. It was Martin Lewis who took a stand..no other the rest of the groups were/are in the pocket of banks I should imagine!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.