Most annoying football cliche?

The worst one without doubt is "they(bad refereeing decisions) even themselves out by the end of the season"

How? Why? What unspoken rule or law of nature even hints at that being true?? Utter bollocks!
My pet hate too.
If this were true, there would be as many controversial decisions against Liverpool and United at home as there are in their favour. And that patently doesn't happen.
It's gaslighting bollocks.

“This is as good as anything you’ll see in the men’s game”

To be fair, that is obviously not fully pro, and nowhere near top level women’s football (some of them are more out of playing shape than me, and I can only occasionally walk properly!).

You watch our women’s team and it is night and day.

Has anyone mentioned the "This game is like a heavyweight title fight, two sides sizing each other up and waiting to see who can land the first hit" speech yet? I swear to Christ above, the number of times I've heard that... We had it last night for our match as well. And the commentators always deliver it as if they're saying something new and insightful. Embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.