Most consecutive games home and away as a fan

west didsblue said:
awaydayblue said:
Paul Beeton I think he is called? Bournemouth away midweek was his 2000th consecutive league game!!! Absolutely phenomenal that!! Not sure about Cups and Europe as to whether he treats them seperately or not, but doubt if anyone has done so long in league games without missing. Brilliant achievement.
First match was against City.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-26717557

nice one, cheers for posting link<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 pm --<br /><br />
nill of reddish said:
there are loads who havent missed. ive missed 16 since 1973. thats not bad but there is alot who can beat me.they no who they are,

great record that feller! As you say plenty of Blues got great records stretching over the decades, to those of you who did Europe late 60's and into the 70's, when travel wasnt just a case of picking the cheapest airline etc, must have been a real strain on finances - fair play to you all

welcometomanchester said:
awaydayblue said:
Guilty as charged your Honour! lol - Started present run 22nd April 1989 at home, a 2-1 defeat to Barnsley (Lakey scored for us). However I met a fellow Blue in Plzen whose run extends back to 1987, if he is reading this I hope he doesnt mind me saying he is a bit older than me lol! Its been a pleasure and privilege to follow our great Club, I consider myself to have been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to do so, being married to the best girl in the world (Jane - New Moston's finest!), and having great pals, and having made lifelong friends through City (too numerous to list here), not to mention good health and employment etc. Respect to all you Blues out there CTWD

-- Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:25 pm --

alib said:
Reading about a Leeds fan the other day who hasn't missed a game since1967!!!

Paul Beeton I think he is called? Bournemouth away midweek was his 2000th consecutive league game!!! Absolutely phenomenal that!! Not sure about Cups and Europe as to whether he treats them seperately or not, but doubt if anyone has done so long in league games without missing. Brilliant achievement.
Out of interest did you take city up on the superia deal?

No havent signed up for it, never had £2,500 to £3,000 lying spare unused if im honest! lol! It makes things easier having your ticket sent to you im sure, but still on gold membership, not top of the pecking order, but as everyone knows there is always a ticket to be had if you get stuck.........ctwd<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 pm --<br /><br />
southstand117 said:
Dave ibertson must be up there too.

and Steve Wyatt....? He's big on England as well, met a few lads on my travels who knew Steve from Mexico 1970, bet he's got some real stories to tell about following our country before it became fashionable to do so....

Totally impressive support. I doff my cap sir.

Funnily enough I went to more games home and away when we where in division 2 than I ever have in the past 5 years.

Although growing up and having kids of my own, and not having my old man pay for every match was the reason.

When I were a lad, back in t'olden days, my friends and I used to go to City one week and United the next.

There was none of this modern obsessiveness about attending every match to prove yourself a real fan.

Bring back standing, bring back pay on the gate and I'll go to quite a few away matches like I used to.

urmston said:
When I were a lad, back in t'olden days, my friends and I used to go to City one week and United the next.

There was none of this modern obsessiveness about attending every match to prove yourself a real fan.

Bring back standing, bring back pay on the gate and I'll go to quite a few away matches like I used to.

No one is claiming to be bigger than anyone Sean certainly not, i think when you've gone for that long you dont have "to prove" anything as it just becomes second nature and obviously enjoys it like others enjoy cooking or gardening :)

urmston said:

- My uncle had season tickets for both funnily enough, but my first ever visit to OT (Law back heel Derby) and experience of Utd fans as a young City fan wasnt a particularly pleasant one , when the infamous Red Army were busy wreaking havoc and smashing anything and anyone that got in their way. Any thoughts I may have harboured about going to City one week and United the next were well and truly extinguished that day...(appreciate many reds are decent human beings, I suppose it depends how many times you have been on the receiving end outside Old Trafford and vice versa Utd fans at the Maine Road?)

- from my own point of view, my relaxation/escape in life has always been the match, and always preferred the away day experience to the home games, when I had sufficient income to do what I always wanted to do, I did it, no Blue has anything to prove to anyone in my eyes. By and large City fans have stuck with the club through thin and thin, and the sheer numbers of our support in those days kept the club on the map when many others might have disappeared without trace. Only my opinion of course...

- miss those days too, how many of us had our little standing space on the Kippax, not forgetting away games and the football specials, happy days indeed (even if the results werent).<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 am --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
urmston said:

No one is claiming to be bigger than anyone Sean certainly not, i think when you've gone for that long you dont have "to prove" anything as it just becomes second nature and obviously enjoys it like others enjoy cooking or gardening :)

Absolutely, last thing I would ever want to do, get a load of good natured banter from long time pals (oh he's got OCD etc etc ), second nature is a good way of describing it, the worrying thing is, I also enjoy gardening too.............lol :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.