Most improved player this season

I’ve been thinking about this today, and while a case can be made for nearly all of the squad, I think (Fabian) Delphinho.

From a player, who was on the verge of leaving last summer - none of the others was in this position - Fab has become an indispensable member of the squad and had taken to left-back like a fish to water.

This is tough. Sterling, Stones, Otamendi, Delph, Sane and even Silva deserves mention. Have to give it to Delphinho for turning from a fringe player to one of our most crucial ones.

Otamendi
Mangala
Delphinio
Eddie
Stones
Stirling
Sane
Silva
KDB
Kun

we will see more from Jesus, Walker, Danilo, Gundo and Bernardo as the season progresses. The only players I can think who have not improved are Vinnie and Yaya, for the obvious reasons.

The only thing I would say about Otamendi is that he is playing now like the central defender we thought we were getting when he got into the La Liga team of the season, so whilst he has improved for us I still think the current Otamendi was always there in him.

Sterling on the other hand I don’t think anybody could predict doing what he has done so far this season.

If he really ramps it up, who knows, he could get close to 30 goals in all competitions this season.

Delph is another definitely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.