most memorable thing you have done in the last year

mammutly said:
BimboBob said:
Saved a bloke from drowning.

This deserves more telling..........................?

Not really much to say...

I was in Birmingham with a few lads at the begining of the year. After quite a few beers we seemed to have collected one of those blokes that everyone hates. He wouldn't leave us alone. Seeing as we thought we would never see him again a plan was hatched by a canal. The old "pretend to have a fight with each other and when he tries to break it up accidentally push him in the canal" trick. We have all done it.

It all went according to plan with said hanger on jumping in to stop a mild bout of fisticuffs. As he grabbed one of my mates i accidentally on purpose pushed him into the canal.

What followed next was at first fucking funny, followed by worrying, followed by one of those 'oh shit' moments.

He went under. Surfaced. Shouted he couldn't swim and went under again. Then he surfaced. And then went under. He was screaming when he surfaced. So i jumped in. It was February and fucking cold. He pulled me under. I pushed him under. He stopped pulling me under. We surfaced and i pulled him to the edge before a mate pulled me out. We left him at the edge.

I'm sure he was fine. The hotel staff gave me a weird look as i went back to get changed.

BimboBob said:
mammutly said:
This deserves more telling..........................?

Not really much to say...

I was in Birmingham with a few lads at the begining of the year. After quite a few beers we seemed to have collected one of those blokes that everyone hates. He wouldn't leave us alone. Seeing as we thought we would never see him again a plan was hatched by a canal. The old "pretend to have a fight with each other and when he tries to break it up accidentally push him in the canal" trick. We have all done it.

It all went according to plan with said hanger on jumping in to stop a mild bout of fisticuffs. As he grabbed one of my mates i accidentally on purpose pushed him into the canal.

What followed next was at first fucking funny, followed by worrying, followed by one of those 'oh shit' moments.

He went under. Surfaced. Shouted he couldn't swim and went under again. Then he surfaced. And then went under. He was screaming when he surfaced. So i jumped in. It was February and fucking cold. He pulled me under. I pushed him under. He stopped pulling me under. We surfaced and i pulled him to the edge before a mate pulled me out. We left him at the edge.

I'm sure he was fine. The hotel staff gave me a weird look as i went back to get changed.

Ah ah Bob....pmsl at that pal!
Sound like a right hero don't you, until the part where you launched him into the canal yourself!!Only joking Bob.. good life saving skills my freind!<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 am --<br /><br />My wife and I had a lovely baby girl..best thing ever!
Ran the Manchester 10k again..slowly!
Oh and I didn't push anybody into a canal either...Bob how could you ; )

Walking on the glass 'skydeck' at the Sears tower, or Willis tower as it's now known. And the faces on some people when a couple of kids started jumping up and down on it, you've never seen people run so fast in their lives.

I stood for the Labour Party in the local elections in May.

When every square inch of Merry Olde Englande has been divided up amongst the Con-Dems, their friends and their relatives or hived off abroad, I'll be able to say: "Not only did I not vote for them, but I stood against them."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.