Most supported English clubs

bugsyblue

In terms of support in the UK where would you put our club? I don’t mean in terms of average attendances, but in terms of ‘fans’ around the UK.

My guess is it runs something like this:

1) Rags
2) Racists
3) Arsenal
4) Spurs
5) City
6) Leeds
7) Villa
8) Newcastle
9) Sunderland
10) Everton/Sheff Wednesday

I’ve not included any teams out of England in this. Just interested to see what everyone else thinks?

Edited title to say 'most' rather than 'best.'

Re: Best supported English clubs

Lots and lots of lolz

City 5th?
Chelsea not even in the Top 10?

bugsyblue said:
In terms of support in the UK where would you put our club? I don’t mean in terms of average attendances, but in terms of ‘fans’ around the UK.

My guess is it runs something like this:

1) Rags
2) Racists
3) Arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) City
6) Leeds
7) Newcastle
8) Spurs
9) Sunderland
10) Everton/Sheff Wednesday/Villa

I’ve not included any teams out of England in this. Just interested to see what everyone else thinks?

I'd always put it down to the 'most likely to bump into' on holiday.

Don't think I've been on a lads holiday without chatting to a City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa or Everton fan. Although saying that, don't recall too many United or Arsenal fans that I've met abroad being ST holders/ever go.

Obviously you do get the "Burnley" fans (think Inbetweeners movie) who were Walsall fans for me in Ibiza last July.

Seriously Chelsea?! Ok though is probably a slightly ironic comment considering our pretty poor attendance last night, but Chelsea don't sell out for a lot of their league games and they only hold 42k. I really don't think they have more support than us. Ok myabe they should just about make the top 10.

bugsyblue said:
Seriously Chelsea?! Ok though is probably a slightly ironic comment considering our pretty poor attendance last night, but Chelsea don't sell out for a lot of their league games and they only hold 42k. I really don't think they have more support than us. Ok myabe they should just about make the top 10.
I'd put that down to away teams never taking their allocations at SB.

Trust me, I live down south and there's fucking loads of Chelsea fans about. And they've been about before Roman too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.