Most supported English clubs

Re: Best supported English clubs

goater1978 said:
We're not as well supported as people make out. We have a very good hardcore base of about 30,000 but our national support is nowhere as high as people on here make out. We have had too many years with no success that has cost us fans. If we are as well supported as claimed in the above list we would have sold out last night, sold out the charity shield and not had so much trouble selling out the champions league (not sure we sold them all out). It's nothing to be ashamed off and it will get better!

Nah I think we are well supported throughout the country in terms of people who say their team is City. Have you never seen this forum after an away game in London!

As I was "between jobs" at the time, I went down to Brighton on the 24th October to visit my lady (she's at uni there), saw quite a few City shirts knocking about. And obviously I couldn't resist talking to them about it all - they all seemed as passionate about it as someone who was at the game.

Sunderland above everton ?? I was at spurs last night and we sold out our allocation. Three thousand to whl on a weds night in January is amazing , considering the shite we are watching ! We may be quiet and poor in voice but only the rags, redshite, and arsenal sell out like we do.

shackattack said:
Sunderland above everton ?? I was at spurs last night and we sold out our allocation. Three thousand to whl on a weds night in January is amazing , considering the shite we are watching ! We may be quiet and poor in voice but only the rags, redshite, and arsenal sell out like we do.

only because you all bought tickets thinking it was the first game of the season mate, lol!

shackattack said:

Having a strong hardcore following for away matches is very different to having 'fans' up and down the country. Personally I'd rather have 10,000 hardcore fans than 30,000 tourists so this isn't meant in any way derogatively. But the thread was evaluating how well supported English clubs were up in the UK based solely in terms of numbers of people that call themselves fans, not necessarily if they go to games.

notts blue said:
shackattack said:

only because you all bought tickets thinking it was the first game of the season mate, lol!

Haha.....

shackattack said:

Very much agree. Never met a Sunderland fan outside of when we play them and know quite a few Everton fans. Was chatting to a lad in Bedford round Christmas time who was an Everton fan.

The key word is supported club i.e. those who bother to go so we are 3rd on that one but after last night we may be a low as 20th as I am sure Sunderland both Sheffield clubs Villa Scum L'pool Everton Leeds Toon Arsenal Spurs Chelsea N'Forest West Ham Norwich Southampton Bristol City and the old City could sell more then 30,000 for a semi final

Has anyone ever seen any stats on our supporters clubs around the UK? i.e. how many we've got and the total number of members throughout. That might be a bit of an indicator although it still wouldn't give a complete view of supporters numbers due to the number of fans who don't belong to supporters clubs but at least you could then compare the figures to other clubs such as Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal etc. to see where we're positioned. No point in comparing us to rags or red dippers because we're nowhere near either.

Personally I'd put the top ten like this:

1) Rags
2) Liverpool
3) Arsenal
4&5) City/Newcastle
6) Spurs
7) Chelsea
8) Sunderland
9) Everton
10) Villa

Nottsblue I know we bought them for the initial game ffs but people could still offload and not have gone last night. As for supporters across the country I would still say we have more than many on that list. I live in a small resort on south coast and I know of ten lads where I live alone that watch everton regular. We have the biggest supporters club of any non London team in London.

marios stress ball said:
liamctid said:
bugsyblue said:
Seriously Chelsea?! Ok though is probably a slightly ironic comment considering our pretty poor attendance last night, but Chelsea don't sell out for a lot of their league games and they only hold 42k. I really don't think they have more support than us. Ok myabe they should just about make the top 10.
I'd put that down to away teams never taking their allocations at SB.

Trust me, I live down south and there's fucking loads of Chelsea fans about. And they've been about before Roman too.

There must be some really old people in London

Yes - there must be - and what did they ever do for us ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.