Most supported English clubs

tamsie said:
The key word is supported club i.e. those who bother to go so we are 3rd on that one but after last night we may be a low as 20th as I am sure Sunderland both Sheffield clubs Villa Scum L'pool Everton Leeds Toon Arsenal Spurs Chelsea N'Forest West Ham Norwich Southampton Bristol City and the old City could sell more then 30,000 for a semi final

Make your mind up....

tamsie said:
best support in all the land as shown again on Sunday and we nearly did it

The list is obviously influenced by what you're seeing on Sky/Newspapers....

Who do you bump into on a regular basis?

And.... Supporters are not Fans, Fans are not Supporters.

Chelsea have a shedload of shirt wearing Sky Subscribers that have never even been to Stamford Bridge.
I worked with one just last week, had the Chelsea mug for his brew yet wouldn't even have a sniff at guessing which Tube stop is nearest to his clubs stadium.

Define what it is you're asking, do you want to know the most "supported" club, or who has the most "fans" ?

Leeds have a crapload of fans, yet don't go to Elland road anymore so they are not Supporters.

Stevie B said:
The list is obviously influenced by what you're seeing on Sky/Newspapers....

Who do you bump into on a regular basis?

And.... Supporters are not Fans, Fans are not Supporters.

Chelsea have a shedload of shirt wearing Sky Subscribers that have never even been to Stamford Bridge.
I worked with one just last week, had the Chelsea mug for his brew yet wouldn't even have a sniff at guessing which Tube stop is nearest to his clubs stadium.

Define what it is you're asking, do you want to know the most "supported" club, or who has the most "fans" ?

Leeds have a crapload of fans, yet don't go to Elland road anymore so they are not Supporters.

What I was interested in was the most fans. This isn't a debate on how loyal or supportive the fans are to the team. Just interested in pure numbers of people who claim to be fans of a football club.

shackattack said:
Nottsblue I know we bought them for the initial game ffs but people could still offload and not have gone last night. As for supporters across the country I would still say we have more than many on that list. I live in a small resort on south coast and I know of ten lads where I live alone that watch everton regular. We have the biggest supporters club of any non London team in London.

TBH you are playing the style of football we did under Pearce. Our crowds dipped as a result. I fully understand why you are not selling out.

In my view, London clubs have it easier as the catchment area is huge down here. I am sure I once heard someone say that 25 million people live in London or within an hour of it.

I looked at the fan leagues in the Fantasy premier league about a year or so ago, every entrant is asked which team they support during registration and automatically entered into their teams fan league. Now this is worldwide support, not just the UK or England but it's a fair guideline as to where we stand globally.

This is the order, as it was then.

1 rags, 2, Dippers 3, Arsenal, 4 Chelsea, 5 Spuds, 6 City.

bugsyblue said:
Seriously Chelsea?! Ok though is probably a slightly ironic comment considering our pretty poor attendance last night, but Chelsea don't sell out for a lot of their league games and they only hold 42k. I really don't think they have more support than us. Ok myabe they should just about make the top 10.

I don't think we're as bad as what people make out. It should be said that attendances are only bang on 100% once in a blue moon, but in terms of average home league attendances over a season, it's only Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham that have maintained a 98% or higher attendance over the last 8/9 seasons and even the year before that it (for Chelsea) was 97%.

bugsyblue said:
I live in London Liam and have two Chelsea mates who are fans. They are far, far outnumbered by Arsenal and Spurs.

While I don't doubt that those two have the largest fan bases (Arsenal for sure, I'd be genuinely interested to see how it now lies between us and Tottenham, particularly with the youngest generation) sometimes it's genuinely about the area of London you're in - go to some places in London and you'd be forgiven for thinking that West Ham were the only team around.

liamctid said:
Chelsea are huge in areas like Oxford, Reading and Surrey.

This is true, we do have a fair few supporters from the outskirts and football wastelands like Surrey and Berkshire.

Murph said:
I looked at the fan leagues in the Fantasy premier league about a year or so ago, every entrant is asked which team they support during registration and automatically entered into their teams fan league. Now this is worldwide support, not just the UK or England but it's a fair guideline as to where we stand globally.

This is the order, as it was then.

1 rags, 2, Dippers 3, Arsenal, 4 Chelsea, 5 Spuds, 6 City.

Great data... But not everyone plays FF.

There is a huge difference between supporters and followers, 90% of the people you see in pubs watching in Manchester are Rags but 90% of them have probably never been so i don't class them as fans, ditto plastic Liverpool supportes hundreds of miles from Merseyside. I would say:-

1. Vermin
2.Liverpool
3 Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5 Chelsea
6 Newcastle
7.Us
8.Everton
9.Aston villa
10.Sunderland or Leeds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.