Most supported English clubs

LoveCity said:
Our fanbase is growing all the time, mostly foreigners as the darn sarf quota is taken by London teams and the rags. Are we counting foreigners here? Chelsea have loads of fans in Africa, Asia, and the USA, it comes with success.

Don't forget the millions of Everton fans....everywhere they are.

never said there was millions, am not that fucking deluded ! just telling it as i see it where i have lived and worked. i know of more evertonians down here that actually go the game than united and liverpool put together. not that it's difficult as both have huge amounts of armchair fans. most " fans " down here will change their allegiance at the drop of a hat or a good champions league run. people want to be associated with the glory of success, and unless they have family reasons for choosing a club will go for the most popular one. liverpool and united are worldwide names and years ahead of any other PL clubs for numbers of fans.

Re: Best supported English clubs

shackattack said:
Sunderland above everton ?? I was at spurs last night and we sold out our allocation. Three thousand to whl on a weds night in January is amazing , considering the shite we are watching ! We may be quiet and poor in voice but only the rags, redshite, and arsenal sell out like we do.

You more often than not take a reduced allocation do you not? And the only reason you had the full allocation last night was the game was suppose to be your first away game of the season.

You do have plenty of support in N Wales though, maybe more than Wrexham??

You more often than not take a reduced allocation do you not? And the only reason you had the full allocation last night was the game was suppose to be your first away game of the season.

You do have plenty of support in N Wales though, maybe more than Wrexham??[/quote]

same as you taking 1800 for goodison. you can use statistics to back up any argument. i could say you have plenty of support in cheshire,more than crewe ??

I think the person who mentioned the FFS stats has a point. Whilst not everyone plays the game the actual figures are pretty huge (2.7m this season), last season the club figures, as I recall, were something like this: rags first by a mile, Liverpool 2nd but fairly closely followed in 3rd by Arsenal, 4th and 5th Spurs and Chelsea. Some way behind (I seem to recall Spurs having about three times as many as City) but with not much between them: City, Newcastle, Everton and Villa. Having lived in London now for 15 years there is a huge difference between the type of support, Spurs and Arsenal for example have an enormous number of people who claim to support them but a really high proportion NEVER watch them live. In cities like M/cr and Sheffield I think most fans actually watch their teams. So, if the original question was around who claims to support their club (not actually go to games though) I'm afraid City would be around 6th - 10th.

shackattack said:

same as you taking 1800 for goodison. you can use statistics to back up any argument. i could say you have plenty of support in cheshire,more than crewe ??[/quote]
When have city not had both levels at everton?<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 pm --<br /><br />
shackattack said:

same as you taking 1800 for goodison. you can use statistics to back up any argument. i could say you have plenty of support in cheshire,more than crewe ??[/quote]
When have city not had both levels at everton?

Crouchinho said:
As for Chelsea, always been a small club.

A small club who have spent the exact same amount of years in the top flight as Spurs, and have finished as many times in the top six as you - despite your club having had a 25 year head start.

And, relevant to the discussion, how can a club with the 5th highest all time average attendance, be small?

You might also want to take a look at this to see which small club features four times in the top ten highest league attendances ever recorded in English football.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Attendances/0,,10794~634907,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/A ... 07,00.html</a>

And let's not forget, we're a small club that you've only beaten twice in the league in 20 years.

Crouchinho said:
Never used to sell out and advertise games on Talksport all the time to sell tickets.

Unlike Spurs, who advertised on Talksport and LBC.

...Back on topic, I think the only way they could work this out would be if they made it a Census question.

International its:

1. Man United
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea

(Huge gap)

5. Spurs
6. Newcastle
7. City

The Big 4 dominates in terms of international fanbase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.