Most supported English clubs

In Australia I would reckon it is:

Rag cunts
Racist cunts
Tarquin cunts
Chav cunts

Tottenham
Blue dippers (blame Super Tim Cahill for that)
Newcastle
Aston Villa
Us
Blackburn

Amadeus20, can you back up Newcastle being bigger than City internationally now? I have my doubts, City is a very fast growing brand abroad and a lot more relevant than Newcastle in this day and age. If you look at things like Facebook, we get far more followers (1,559,761) than the Barcodes (217,900). I'd even argue that we could be the fifth most supported English team in the world now behind the former Big 4. There is a website somewhere that combines the online networks like Facebook/Twitter for brands/franchises and last I saw it we were shooting up it quite fast. Glory hunters quickly boost the size of a fanbase as we've seen with Chelsea.

1. United
2. Pool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. City
7. Newcastle

Obvious for the first two. But don't underestimate Chelsea. There are loads of their fans down South, London but also the surrounding areas thought of as Greater London, like Surrey, Kent etc. I've also noticed that young kids (gloryhunting) down south used to support the rags but you see lots of the young in Chelsea shirts.

If you look around the world, when Chelsea played at the same stadium we did in America against LA Galaxy they sold out and it was a massive event with celeb party's at night but we were hardly known, it was like 'Man City'???????? When Chelsea played Aston Villa in the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong in the summer the stadium was packed out full about 82,000 ALL wearing the Chavs top. I swear not a single Villa top, not one. We wouldn't sell out in Asia, oh and neither did Arsenal!!

Joe Cole's Box of Tricks said:
Crouchinho said:
As for Chelsea, always been a small club.

A small club who have spent the exact same amount of years in the top flight as Spurs, and have finished as many times in the top six as you - despite your club having had a 25 year head start.

And, relevant to the discussion, how can a club with the 5th highest all time average attendance, be small?

You might also want to take a look at this to see which small club features four times in the top ten highest league attendances ever recorded in English football.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Attendances/0,,10794~634907,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/A ... 07,00.html</a>

And let's not forget, we're a small club that you've only beaten twice in the league in 20 years.

Crouchinho said:
Never used to sell out and advertise games on Talksport all the time to sell tickets.

Unlike Spurs, who advertised on Talksport and LBC.

...Back on topic, I think the only way they could work this out would be if they made it a Census question.

Spurs fans, similarly to United 'can never get a ticket' on their '200 year waiting list'. I know plenty of dickheads who think that having a tattoo of a chicken on your arm makes you a loyal fan.

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Spurs
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle
7. Man City
8. Everton
9. Leeds
10. Aston Villa

Honourable mentions to West Ham and Sunderland.

Man Utd and Liverpool in a league of their own. Arsenal all alone in third. Spurs and Chelsea a long way below them. Very little between those two, with Spurs having far more fans aged 25+ and Chelsea with many more under 25 - which is why shirt sales, internet polls and internet fantasy football stats aren't reliable in this context. Young people are far more likely to wear replica shirts and use the internet.

Newcastle have huge local support and gained a lot of national support during their heady Keegan and Robson days. City next and coming up fast on the rails. Won't be too many years before they're joining Spurs and Chelsea, and then overtaking them, IMO.

intheknow! said:
1. United
2. Pool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. City
7. Newcastle

Obvious for the first two. But don't underestimate Chelsea. There are loads of their fans down South, London but also the surrounding areas thought of as Greater London, like Surrey, Kent etc. I've also noticed that young kids (gloryhunting) down south used to support the rags but you see lots of the young in Chelsea shirts.

If you look around the world, when Chelsea played at the same stadium we did in America against LA Galaxy they sold out and it was a massive event with celeb party's at night but we were hardly known, it was like 'Man City'???????? When Chelsea played Aston Villa in the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong in the summer the stadium was packed out full about 82,000 ALL wearing the Chavs top. I swear not a single Villa top, not one. We wouldn't sell out in Asia, oh and neither did Arsenal!!

Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong in the summer the stadium was packed out full about 82,000 ALL wearing the Chavs top
-----------------------------
Absolute bollocks. I've been to that stadium over 20 times and it's capacity is about 45k

levets said:
intheknow! said:
1. United
2. Pool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. City
7. Newcastle

Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong in the summer the stadium was packed out full about 82,000 ALL wearing the Chavs top
-----------------------------
Absolute bollocks. I've been to that stadium over 20 times and it's capacity is about 45k

Maybe he mix it up with this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqspYPN8gD0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqspYPN8gD0</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.