Most you have ever won on a bet?

£605 thanks to a tip on here, Amazing Blue Sky ( think it was) & Gerrard's Slip double. Went towards my holiday spends the following week.
Saw it during the night, got home from work, placed the bet with Paddy power, got up in the afternoon, checked my account and Bingo!

Never been a man for the bookies. This was reinforced by noticing that a twelve horse race the bookie had eleven as a lad of 16 in with my mate.

Whikst waiting for that deluded **** to lose all his money I only had a £1 on me so I put 50p on a dog, still running by all accounts. I then put 30p on a horse, again, that didn't quite repay my faith.

My last 20p went on a treble.

First two came up. Last race photo finish and stewards enquiry.

My horse Times Time got the nod and I won £68 for a 20p stake. 340/1

Of course my first thought was, I wish I had a tenner on it.

My mate still a gambler and must have given the bookie literally thousands.

Only talks about his wins though. Funny that.

I think me and my wife won around 550 back in the day on the footy. She only bet on 4 teams but got the away and home mixed up. What would have been around 2/1 odds ended up being closer to 80/1 or something daft. I almost threw my slip away because I thought I had lost, when she cashed hers in she said mine had won too. We took the cash and ran to Niagara falls for 3 days and had some good steak dinners and see the sights

I found a couple of premium bonds I've had since 1958 last wk, went on the checker and never won a penny

At 17 I was the lunchtime bookie runner for a few Italians I worked with, they wrote their own slips and I never even looked at them, wasn't interested and the bets they talked about were Yankees, which meant nothing to me at the time. I never got to know if they won big or not as they would go themselves now and again, now I realise that was if they were collecting anything decent.
Being fairly weak willed in certain quarters it's a good thing I never took any notice of the process.

In recent years I've enjoyed chucking 20 notes at bet365 and had an afternoons enjoyment, mainly 50p bets as that's the amount required to watch the races and I'm not interested if I can't have the thrill of being involved in a close finish, it's quite exhilarating and worth 50p win or lose.

Anyway, biggest win, £145, an Aintree 50p double on Guitar Pete and Brown Pete(?), I was actually at the course on a chaps day out when they came in, I'd done my online bets before leaving home in the morning and only had small stakes singles at the course, either way it was a decent day.
Followed that up 2 days later with Pineau de Re in the sweepstake at work £80, my 2nd biggest ever win.

Played the lottery from day 1 until about 12mths ago and nothing more than the odd 80 quid or so and a few tenners, so sacked it off and now have a few premium bonds as a substitute, feel much better about that, only had £25 back so far but you never know...

I was working in a bookies at the start of last year where one of the regular punters would have collected 10k on Leicester. I would have loved to see him collect but I fucked the job off in March.
I got 300 quid on the Lottery many years ago.

£2.50 football bet gave me £141 return so was more than happy with that .

A fiver on a horse called Go for Broke at the Grand National circe mid 80's, pissed on a pub do...lost on all the others and won on this one, came out even. Lost a possible £26 for a 50p stake in the mid 70's on a 5 match accumulator ( I think that's what they are called ), 4 came in and guess who let me down....... Won $120 on a black jack table in Biloxi, Mississippi in 1990. Nowadays I bet on myself.

£55 off £1 on a triple in the Icelandic football division.

In 2012 I had about £20 in free bets on a 15 fold accumulator which would have come in at £22,000 or so. Every team came in, apart from the real 'banker' result. Sheffield United top of the league in November having lost only twice at home to Hartlepool who had won 3 times all season. Hartlepool won at a fucking canter 3-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.