Match of the Day - 2020/21

I find the absolute indignation all round whenever we get a slightly favourable decision is laughable and for me you really see the inherent bias that clearly exists in the main media outlets of this country.

All of a sudden the whole system stinks and it double stinks if one of the history clubs ends up on the wrong side of one on the same day. Heroes quickly become villains (Tierney) and pundits like big Al nearly spontaneously combust at the inept referees and start name checking Riley as part of the problem.

These same people never say a negative word if a iffy decision is given for the usual suspects (and there’s a lot) and they always seem to concentrate on the reasons why it was given. Though I have noticed not many of them say they even themselves out over the course of the season anymore as even they know that would be bullshit.

I suppose I just hate the many hypocritical pundits in this country who are obviously just playing to the crowd without really offering any real insight into the game other than their biased viewpoint towards certain teams.

Graeme Souness stands alone as man who can see past his personal favourite and offer a balanced view on things as he sees them. The rest (and Micah is included in this) are a f*cking sham.
Do you think it is an anti-City thing, or an attempt to try and keep the league relevant?

When we’re 15 points clear at the start of February, it kills the competition stone dead.

I have decided from the footage probably like you said it wasn't overturned. The players reaction was classic guilt too.
Yeah, maybe. If Moss hadn‘t given it, VAR wouldn’t have got involved.

I‘m not suggesting it’s a wrong call as Moss gave it on what he saw (or guessed more likely with him).

VAR looks to see if he’s made an error and can’t prove he has, so leaves the decision alone.

We were due a penalty anyway.

Yeah, maybe. If Moss hadn‘t given it, VAR wouldn’t have got involved.

I‘m not suggesting it’s a wrong call as Moss gave it on what he saw (or guessed more likely with him).

VAR looks to see if he’s made an error and can’t prove he has, so leaves the decision alone.

We were due a penalty anyway.
Good analysis

This is the worst Newcastle team since the time Shearer managed them into a thoroughly hilarious relegation

It’s much worse. That Newcastle side had players who had achieved things in the game before joining Newcastle and many went onto to have good careers with Newcastle or other clubs.

Also had 18 points at the same point in December.

This team has two wingers playing as fullbacks and and strikers or wingers playing in midfield.

It’s much worse. That Newcastle side had players who had achieved things in the game before joining Newcastle and many went onto to have good careers with Newcastle or other clubs.

Also had 18 points at the same point in December.

This team has two wingers playing as fullbacks and and strikers or wingers playing in midfield.
They do have Dwight Gayle to replace Joelington if needed.

He single handedly caved Liverpool in, you know.

Thats actually even worse then if thats what happened, instead of hitting the armpit as i thought. As theres a directive now that if the ball deflects off any part of the body onto the arm then its no penalty.
I'm pretty sure the body being made larger with the arm in an unnatural position would have taken precedent in this scenario, which is why I assume it wasn't overturned.

Not very balanced about the decisions they chose to highlight. Shearer showing his anti-city/pro-liverpool bias again, great player in his day but he's proper bitter red shirt pandering arse at times.

I don't know what game Klopp was watching if he thinks all the decisions went against Liverpool. It's like MOTD let that comment set the tone in how they were going to cover the referee performance. No mention of the handball by Slah in the build up to one of their goals. There were two shouts for a penalty from Spurs, they only showed the Deli Ali one and the Liverpool one which was a pen in fairness. Winks got bodychecked to the floor with a clumbsy challenge, as well as the one they dismissed for "not enough force to go down". It was a deliberate push in the back to put the player off, not some honest challenge for the ball. I'm not sure it matter how much force is used matters for such deliberate acts to hinder an opponent by foul play.

Kane should have been off because it was reckless but those aren't always given. What Robertson did was deliberately boot a player in frustration. Similar to the one Walker picked up, there is really no choice when a player does that.

I don't think City have been overly fortunate with referee calls recently. Some calls that we should have definitely had weren't given and some calls we were slightly fortunate to get went our way for once, that's at least balanced out somewhat. Otherwise, we'd just have all the calls we weren't given to look at and it's completely the opposite of what some are trying to make out.

The Wolves game had what was it, 3 or 4 penalty claims? One in the first half which even red shirt loving the pundits agreed was a penalty, if I remember right. How many let offs in one game did Wolves really deserve in that game? When all the small decisions were already going their way, while they played arguably the most negative football from any opponent so far season. One of them penalties had to be given.

The handball that was given, was borderline for me. His hand wasn't in a natural position, it's hit his armpit and his arm at the same time and significantly altered the direction of the ball. Even if some think it was harsh, they can hardly say it's the worst handball call this season. It ticked all the boxes for a pen, with only the armpit argument in Wolves' defence.

Liverpool got away with decisions recently too, so there's no way they can say they've been hard done by compared to City. Play should have been stopped for their first goal against Newcastle and I think Arnold got the player before the man and he tackled from the wrong side. That's a penalty if a Newcastle defender does the same on Salah.

City have earned every point they have on the board so far and then-some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.