Motivation

hilly81

Up shit creek with a straw instead of a paddle
Seems to me like tonight was a perfect time to take advantage of the results this weekend. Still city came out as if it was a stroll in the park with not a care in the world, is it not time the manager instilled a bit of fight before a game to attack a team, who lets face it will be trying to avoid relegation and go for it from the off. Its ok having a decent team but the manager must take responsability for the tactics and the will to win. Why do city never go for the throat from the off as other top 4 teams do ?

supercity36 said:
ok so we mullered arsenal and put 3 past united, and you say hughes cant put fight in a team?

I see your point but surely against the " lesser " teams we should be going for it from the word go, if we attacked these teams like we can then we wouldnt be looking for a goal to win a game in the last 5 fooking mins !

hilly81 said:
supercity36 said:
ok so we mullered arsenal and put 3 past united, and you say hughes cant put fight in a team?

I see your point but surely against the " lesser " teams we should be going for it from the word go, if we attacked these teams like we can then we wouldnt be looking for a goal to win a game in the last 5 fooking mins !

we have off games.... plus places like brum and wigan are hard to go to. remember we are a "scalp" this seaosn so everyone will raise their games for us

Couldn't agree more with the last comment. A scalp is what we are, and we better get used to it.

I said before this game, it (the result) depends which City turn up, sadly it was the 'couldnt give a shit' City and we were lucky (very lucky) to get a point.

Were still 'typical City' Im afraid

Its the manager at fault, he's had the $$, bought his players, but HE CANT motivate them

KenTheLandlord said:
supercity36 said:

quality, fastest killing of a thread ever.
Hardly. It's quite clear that we haven't been up for these last few games like we were for those two. It's all very well raising our game and steaming into the Sky Four, but our final league position will be decided by whether we can be arsed to turn up against the mid-table/lower sides. And we haven't in recent weeks.

Dubai Blue said:
KenTheLandlord said:
quality, fastest killing of a thread ever.
Hardly. It's quite clear that we haven't been up for these last few games like we were for those two. It's all very well raising our game and steaming into the Sky Four, but our final league position will be decided by whether we can be arsed to turn up against the mid-table/lower sides. And we haven't in recent weeks.

In fact, how many games this season have we actually played well?

In the league my answer is only one, Arsenal. In all the others we've just scrapped.

Does this mean we'll get better as the season progresses or does it mean that we're reflecting our managers tactics?

supercity36 said:

For goodness sake even my Granny would be up for those games, and she is dead God bless her. Motivation is needed for the mundane must win games against average opposition that is why teams win the league, they were good and up for it even on the wet cold windy, shitkicking out of you opposition nights, not just for the big games.

Our players stroll around like carefree millionaires who think they can just score when they want. FFS it is obvious they need to up their game, manager as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.