Motivational /Inspirational posters... your opinions

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
I believe these type of posters are very 'common across workplaces throughout the country.
1. Do you work for a company who adorn their walls with these type of posters?
2. If so, what type of company/industry are you in
3. What do you think of them… do they inspire you, motivate or have the opposite effect?
4. What are the best and worst ones?

I'm interested, Thanks.

teamtn.jpg

A load of fucking Sherman psychobabble bollocks.
I worked with one of these corporate arseholes once - all 'thinking outside the box', and 'let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes'.
Anyone who wanted a day off for something trivial like a wedding or a family funeral got the stock response - 'there's no 'I' in 'team'.
To which I memorably replied - 'no, but there is a 'U' in '****', and granted them leave with full pay.

I wasn't quite thinking of that one Stony, but thanks for your input. I'm sure the cynics among us feel their lifeblood draining from them when they see these posters, but we're not all cynical. Surely some people find inspiration from them ? I dunno, do they work?<br /><br />-- Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 am --<br /><br />
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I worked with one of these corporate arseholes once - all 'thinking outside the box', and 'let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes'.
Anyone who wanted a day off for something trivial like a wedding or a family funeral got the stock response - 'there's no 'I' in 'team'.
To which I memorably replied - 'no, but there is a 'U' in '****', and granted them leave with full pay.

Excellent riposte NF, my missus sees these posters everywhere, in organisations large and small. I'm interested in peoples' reactions to them.

They can do, but there's a fine line between inspirational and cheesy. One man's Oscar Wilde is another man's David Brent.

I reckon most people have a pithy saying that has proved to be a source of inspiration to them in their working lives. Something they quote from time to time to underscore their philosophy on a subject, or life more generally.

It's a very subjective thing and therein lies the difficulty, but not an insurmountable one. They have a place if done well I reckon.

Swales lives said:
I wasn't quite thinking of that one Stony, but thanks for your input. I'm sure the cynics among us feel their lifeblood draining from them when they see these posters, but we're not all cynical. Surely some people find inspiration from them ? I dunno, do they work?

-- Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 am --

nijinsky's fetlocks said:

Excellent riposte NF, my missus sees these posters everywhere, in organisations large and small. I'm interested in peoples' reactions to them.

In my experience mate they just annoy the living fuck out of folk who are stressed out and overworked already.
You used to see loads of 'em in probation or social services offices - some smug twat sat on a rock somewhere nice with the sun setting, with an almost Zen-like state of meditative calm, and some inane fucking caption underneath with a trite quote that made you want to kill the nearest person.
How bollocks like this was supposed to help you through a 90 hour week managing high-risk offenders or kids on the Child Protection Register is beyond me.
About as motivational as a double fucking puncture on a wet journey in to work.
Whoever designed them should be forced to read the Transfer forum for the rest of eternity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.