Motor accident.

rickmcfc

Evening all. On Monday I was involved in an accident whilst driving at work. I wasn't at fault and the third party has admitted liability at the scene, he pulled out from a crossroads straight into my path and I couldn't do anything, resulting in the crash. The van had suffered damage and his car is a write off. I have all his details and have passed them onto work. I was shook up and shaken at the time, and I went to A&E late on Monday evening due to back and shoulder pain. I was x rated as the doctor thought I may have done some damage to my collarbone but thankfully the only damage was muscular due to the impact. I have been off work since and I presume I will be the rest of the week. What happens regards with compensation? Who do I contact, or does his insurance company contact me?

That's what happened to me,except it was fast enough to roll my car and left me with life changing injures,i am so pleased you aren't too hurt
Ring your insurance company and they will handle it,if you don't have the legal protection bit of the insurance then i'm sure someone on here can point you in the right direction

Isn't it something that you should be asking your work? Or are you self employed?
If you are on salary, don't they just continue to pay your wages?

Evening all. On Monday I was involved in an accident whilst driving at work. I wasn't at fault and the third party has admitted liability at the scene, he pulled out from a crossroads straight into my path and I couldn't do anything, resulting in the crash. The van had suffered damage and his car is a write off. I have all his details and have passed them onto work. I was shook up and shaken at the time, and I went to A&E late on Monday evening due to back and shoulder pain. I was x rated as the doctor thought I may have done some damage to my collarbone but thankfully the only damage was muscular due to the impact. I have been off work since and I presume I will be the rest of the week. What happens regards with compensation? Who do I contact, or does his insurance company contact me?

hi mate,i was hit from the rear and pushed onto a duel carriagway into the path of an arctic,i had a taxi at the time so i sued for the lot loss of earnings etc, i had my car money within a week maybe 10 days, the compo for injury took around 18 months and that was 3k 4 years on im still having a battle for the loss of earnings, i used sheldons a manchester firm and they were very very good,google them for more information

Sorry so a bit more info may help. I'm not self employed I work for a company, I don't get sick pay, and the van was works too. I asked today when I rang work to give them an update and they said have I rang anyone yet about my claim I said no. I then asked isn't that something I do through work and your insurance and they said no?

Sorry so a bit more info may help. I'm not self employed I work for a company, I don't get sick pay, and the van was works too. I asked today when I rang work to give them an update and they said have I rang anyone yet about my claim I said no. I then asked isn't that something I do through work and your insurance and they said no?

That sounds a bit weird to me mate. I'm self employed so I don't know how it would work for you.
But over here, I'm pretty sure that you would be paid as long as you provided a doctors note.
And if you are on salary they can't deduct any money from your pay cheque without your written permission (over here).
Not sure why you have to submit a claim as it was their van and on their time.

Rick I used Paul Rooney Solicitors of Liverpool and they got me £5000

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.