Motorhome

I lived next door to a couple for many years, they bought a left hand drive diesel 4/5 berth and would do twice a year trips to France Portugal Spain. After looking to part-ex for a new one, they came to the conclusion it would be cheaper to hire rather than owning. The demountable type that fit on the back of ofull-size pick-ups are a good compromise for mobility from the campsite, but can be difficult to find in the UK. Some councils at seaside towns have height barriers, to deter motor-caravans so an official site is safer than a layby, as the scumbag element have been known to use nitrous oxide to anaesthetise the occupants while they sleep ..Bastards.
Anyway hope it works out well .
Yeah heard that happens in Spain, wont be doing any wild camping apart from maybe France. taking kids so got to think about keeping them entertained, got a few apps on the phone and thinking about joining the motorhome and caravan club, anyone know if this is worth it, does seem to give good discounts

I lived next door to a couple for many years, they bought a left hand drive diesel 4/5 berth and would do twice a year trips to France Portugal Spain. After looking to part-ex for a new one, they came to the conclusion it would be cheaper to hire rather than owning. The demountable type that fit on the back of ofull-size pick-ups are a good compromise for mobility from the campsite, but can be difficult to find in the UK. Some councils at seaside towns have height barriers, to deter motor-caravans so an official site is safer than a layby, as the scumbag element have been known to use nitrous oxide to anaesthetise the occupants while they sleep ..Bastards.
Anyway hope it works out well .

They do what! fucking gas you! that is a bit scary, people may have adverse reactions and no other bugger to hear and help them.

They do what! fucking gas you! that is a bit scary, people may have adverse reactions and no other bugger to hear and help them.
Yeah they was doing it to knock you out then breaking in and robbing you whilst you are out of it, bad shit

Yeah they was doing it to knock you out then breaking in and robbing you whilst you are out of it, bad shit

You think you have heard it all eh, fuck man that shocked me a bit. It is industrious in some ways but fuck, i'd rather get asked if i want my wallet or the thick end of a baseball bat tbh. Something pretty disturbing about gassing like that.

I know they better make sure i was out because if not that is all bets off stuff, i'd try to kill the fuckers. It feels super sinister and very scary so i'd react in equal measure to people capable of that... or shit myself and die of a heart attack xD

You think you have heard it all eh, fuck man that shocked me a bit. It is industrious in some ways but fuck, i'd rather get asked if i want my wallet or the thick end of a baseball bat tbh. Something pretty disturbing about gassing like that.

I know they better make sure i was out because if not that is all bets off stuff, i'd try to kill the fuckers. It feels super sinister and very scary so i'd react in equal measure to people capable of that... or shit myself and die of a heart attack xD
yeah not good, puts me off wild camping although France has a high number of wild camping sites that are deemed safe, wouldn't risk it in spain though

5/6 berth?
Really?
Get the 6 of you to imagine being in there all at once, sitting, eating, getting dressed, generally doing all the things you're likely to be doing together.
Then see if you can imagine doing that when a gales blowing for a few hours without wanting to kill someone

A guy at work planned to get a motor home and travel around Europe when he retired, as a trial he hired one and spent two weeks travelling around the south coast and Wales with his wife and kids ( Teenagers ).
He came back and swore never to set foot in one again, each to their own I guess.

ok we have settled for a Bessacarr E495, 06 year, 24k a little over budget but only had 1 previous owner and in good nick, heard good things about the Bessacarr so i'm excited now
If the manufacturer is Swift I would check the floor for damp from the underside. I have a 2007 swift which requires the whole floor replacing and some internal side panels. Will probably cost £10k to fix. All the damp reports when I bought it 15 month's ago were fine, in fact the last report showed no damp on one side but when you got underneath the van the floor at the junction with the sides were soft. Swift have acknowledged that they had manufacturing problems between 2006/8 but have said tough shit so far.
Don't want you to have the same problem.

yeah not good, puts me off wild camping although France has a high number of wild camping sites that are deemed safe, wouldn't risk it in spain though
There's a book called 'all the aires' which you can get for Spain, France etc which has very cheap/free basic overnight stops, some with electricity and water some without.
There's something similar for over here called Brit Stops.
We stayed on a pub car park en route to Dover in August in a small village.
Had a bite to eat in the pub and a few beers.

But depending on how often you use it and factor in insurance, tax, maintainance and the killer that is depreciation, a grand a week isn't to bad. You could always do a deal off season.
Just done seven weeks in ours and also three sets of four days since May, would have cost me about £8k.

Surprisingly depreciation is much less than for a car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.