Motorway carnage in Somerset

Bilboblue said:
Travelled up on the M3 from Southampton to Camberley this morning, shocking weather, couldn't see further than 50 yards in front of me, stretch between Winchester and Basingstoke is two lanes, still had wankers racing up behind doing probably around 90mph, I had slowed to 35/40 and was still overtaking.

Some people just don't know how to drive in adverse weather conditions.

Hope these people will be ok, always bad to see accidents like this, thankfully doesn't happen too often.

Horrific news.

Patches of thick fog and torrential rain looks like to have been the cause of this accident.

Going off on a tangent

I travelled up the M1 from Hertfordshire today and the conditions were quite treacherous, what annoys me is the amount of inconsiderate drivers on the road in these bad conditions, the amount of drivers which tailgate and dont give extra braking distance is disturbing, I'm up and down the country all every week and fear a bad accident is around the corner. I always try having my wits about me and anticipate what other drivers are going to do but sometimes you are risk from other peoples dangerous driving. I've had plenty of near misses from people pulling out and not seeing me in there blind spot or driving right up my a**e and giving themselves no room for error.

Sky News had some footage on loop showing some bloke frantically trying to force a car door open. Looked horrendous

Horrible tragedy.

Average Speed Enforcement (Variable) is the only way I can see to alter drivers habits sufficiently to make tragedies like this less likely. Drivers habits through roadworks where these cameras exist have changed significantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.