Mouse Pointer Problem

Tried a different mouse today but still having problems and having to revert to using the old one. Any ideas please lads as it is driving me up the wall!!

Tried a different mouse today but still having problems and having to revert to using the old one. Any ideas please lads as it is driving me up the wall!!
Presuming it's the mouse driver that's the problem open up 'Device Manager' either through 'Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device manager' or just type 'device manager' in the search box and select. Open up the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tree and right click on 'HID-compliant mouse' and choose 'Uninstall'. Let Windows reinstall (perhaps a restart if it lets you).

Presuming it's the mouse driver that's the problem open up 'Device Manager' either through 'Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device manager' or just type 'device manager' in the search box and select. Open up the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tree and right click on 'HID-compliant mouse' and choose 'Uninstall'. Let Windows reinstall (perhaps a restart if it lets you).

Hi mate. I have tried doing this previously with nil result. It is most bizarre as the cheapo mouse I bought from Wilko's works fine but any other mouse I put on this pc doesn't. I have even tried the mouse on another Windows 10 desktop and it works fine. It just appears that my main desktop will not let any other mouse work than the original one used. Very confused!!

Hi mate. I have tried doing this previously with nil result. It is most bizarre as the cheapo mouse I bought from Wilko's works fine but any other mouse I put on this pc doesn't. I have even tried the mouse on another Windows 10 desktop and it works fine. It just appears that my main desktop will not let any other mouse work than the original one used. Very confused!!
That's peculiar to be sure. Have you tried a different USB port? Are you using a hub of some kind?

Have tried all three of the above mate. Just uninstalled it again and it was working ok but currently downloading a torrent and it is back to square one!! I have never see anything like this before.

Have tried all three of the above mate. Just uninstalled it again and it was working ok but currently downloading a torrent and it is back to square one!! I have never see anything like this before.
Hmm, red flag time maybe?

Try the following just to be on the safe side:

If this is a PC we're talking about try https://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/ and follow every step through. They're all free apps.

Is it a roller ball mouse!

If so unscrew the base, rub the ball in your hands and then bow the ball for a few moments to make sure it's not dirty.

Have you checked for dirt on the built in roller mouse? Try taking mouse out or disabling the roller mouse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.