Move Villa fans

clubfoot said:
Correct me if wrong but wouldn't putting away fans in the 3rd tier mean home and away fans would have to walk up the same spirals?
No they don't, they use the two central spirals, ane we use the outer 2 (as Poznan). However outside its a logistical nightmare because to get to their coach park they have to wade through each other, most of the Poznan fans in there were basically english based neutrals, so its not like 6000 passionate Villa up there.

There was trouble with Villa last year behind the new shields so like it or not, it just won't happen, same with Everton (now that could be interesting).

pretty sure that the spirals can be allocated to specific fans -- the only issue this would create is the potential trouble that could arise from having opposing fans together outside the ground. however, utd, arsenal, newcastle, etc. don't have any qualms about allowing it.

if nothing else, today's game proved that, when it's our choice, we should kick towards the south stand in the second half (when games are won and lost!). our big names shouldn't be phased by any petulant taunts and, more importantly, the opposition's attacks won't be geed up by their fans.

the simple solution would have been to move the away coach park to the end with a 3rd tier as part of the work going on around the ground.

There's also nothing stopping away fans only being allowed to bus in and they be bussed with security to the relevant spiral, then the bus goes off and parks.

At the end of the game away fans wait for 30/45 mins in the 3rd tier until the police can secure the spirals and the exits and they can get on the coaches from outside the spirals.

Don't care at all about the logistics of it, it simply has to be done. I had to sit in the east stand today and it was rubbish. We must be the only club in world football that would sacrifice its noisier section for these games. SORT IT OUT CITY

Whilst i am behind this, i think we the fans would have a better case to argue about the pro's of this to the club if the south stand actually made any noise when things are normal in the league games.

If i was in charge of making this decision i would say no, it is too much messing about and hassel to please the 3,000 blues who stand up and fold their arms whilst 111 and 110 carry the ground.

If the club were to say, the whole of the south stand is our end, we encourage you to being banners, scarves and to make some real racket for 90 mins then i would be 100% for this.

Does any other club let the away fans have half of one stand behind the goal and dedicate the other stand behind the goal to families? No. It's embarrassing.

The day City decided on having the entire North Stand full of families was the day none of these plans could happen. As someone said above, where some clubs have the opposing fans behind the goal; on the other side of the pitch they have the loud vocal support en masse, all together singing loudly. Whereas we have the Family Stand. When we get CoMS bouncing it is a fortress, an arena of such ferocious passion that away fans and players would rue ever approaching it - but it doesn't happen often enough.

The solution, as mentioned before many times, is to move all the away fans to the 109 - 111 corner (using the second tier if need be) and have the whole South Stand full to the brim of loud, passionate vocal City support. The combination of atmosphere, view and banter with all the current singing section and the current South Stand. I see no fault in that plan? Sort it City!

de niro said:
we'll clear this up again.

level 3 east stand only hold 5600, in cup games we have to give the away fans 6000, therefore 400 would still have be housed elsewhere.that would be a nightmare to police and would probably not get a safety certificate.
thats after you've told the level 3 home fans to shift.

5600 tickets/seats in our ground is 11.9% of 47000. That is actually 0.3% more than what United give to visiting fans in the cups at Old Trafford!

Give every set of fans them Colin Bell Stand L3 in the Cups which was just left empty today, we didn't exactly miss their silence did we?! Give them one spiral to get down which isn't opened until 5-10minutes after the final whistle (give chance for Coty fans to get gone, but it isn't too long that it takes the piss!).

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Nobody could say anything for why it shouldn't happen. At Old Trafford, St James' Park and Stadium of Light (I've not been the Emirates yet) they just let away fans out in to the masses of home supporters wherever their coaches are.

danburge82 said:
de niro said:
we'll clear this up again.

level 3 east stand only hold 5600, in cup games we have to give the away fans 6000, therefore 400 would still have be housed elsewhere.that would be a nightmare to police and would probably not get a safety certificate.
thats after you've told the level 3 home fans to shift.

5600 tickets/seats in our ground is 11.9% of 47000. That is actually 0.3% more than what United give to visiting fans in the cups at Old Trafford!

Give every set of fans them Colin Bell Stand L3 in the Cups which was just left empty today, we didn't exactly miss their silence did we?! Give them one spiral to get down which isn't opened until 5-10minutes after the final whistle (give chance for Coty fans to get gone, but it isn't too long that it takes the piss!).

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Nobody could say anything for why it shouldn't happen. At Old Trafford, St James' Park and Stadium of Light (I've not been the Emirates yet) they just let away fans out in to the masses of home supporters wherever their coaches are.

The simple fact is, if the club wanted it, it would happen. Instead the club are not bothered about it so they won't fight the stupid excuses.

clubfoot said:
Correct me if wrong but wouldn't putting away fans in the 3rd tier mean home and away fans would have to walk up the same spirals?

No. Just give them one Spiral and shut the doors on their spiral to the second tier so they can't get to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.