Moving back to the Netherlands...(again)

MaineDAWG2008

Came back to UK in March 2013 after 3 years in Netherlands, with intention to live here for good but after few months now but have had enough.

Dont know what it is about this country, but as much as I am patriotic about England the future does not look good (in my eyes). Another decision factor - children upbringing. Dont think the govmt is doing enough to help make UK a better and safe place for children, in comparison to other european countries.

Is it me or are there others who feel the same?

i moved out of the Uk 10 years ago now..we relocated to Great Malvern in Worcester first to try to sort the kids and school out...
However your right .. we finally moved to NZ and would never look back, the lifestyle here is awesome, my son loves his school and yes we left family behind but all in all the UK is just not for us now...

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Came back to UK in March 2013 after 3 years in Netherlands, with intention to live here for good but after few months now but have had enough.

Dont know what it is about this country, but as much as I am patriotic about England the future does not look good (in my eyes). Another decision factor - children upbringing. Dont think the govmt is doing enough to help make UK a better and safe place for children, in comparison to other european countries.

And Amsterdam is safe as fu*k is it ?.no drug adicts ,muggers ,pick pockets .street robberies i"ll pack my bags then

MaineDAWG2008 said:

Wish we had their cycle paths.

MaineDAWG2008 said:

You up'd your family from NL and moved back to the UK but after 6 weeks you're doing the same in reverse? What made you come back in the 1st place? Whatever you do you need to get it right this time because that sort of disruption is not easy on kids - even more so if they are of school age.

Having lived there for a number of years I agree Holland is a great place to live so I understand your dilemma!

Good luck.

Amsterdam. yes it has its fair share of crime. Fully of petty crime, but at an annoying scale. But more positives are visible about the country in general thn uk. Seems like we are years behind europe in terms of child wellbeing. Oter factors less traffic, cycling paths, property purchase, etc

Moved here because i was missing family, but have to think about my sons wellbeing. So if a job comes along then il take it. Shouldnt have come back, youre right @1961_vintage. Need stability for my son.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Amsterdam. yes it has its fair share of crime. Fully of petty crime, but at an annoying scale. But more positives are visible about the country in general thn uk. Seems like we are years behind europe in terms of child wellbeing. Oter factors less traffic, cycling paths, property purchase, etc

Moved here because i was missing family, but have to think about my sons wellbeing. So if a job comes along then il take it. Shouldnt have come back, youre right @1961_vintage. Need stability for my son.

Fair play to you mate putting your lad 1st. Hope it works out for you.

MaineDAWG2008 said:

Im as far away as living in Cambodia now to get away from it!! seriously though, a 2 week hols back to sunny Manchester a year is enough for me.. Yeah its hard missing family and friends, not to mention the footy, but at least it gets them out the place for a holiday visiting me, and the lifestyle more than makes up for it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.