Moving the sporting calendar

no changes
autumn - spring is for football,
spring -summer is for cricket

rugby - couldn't give a fuck a shite sport,, they can play whenever

Listening on the radio yesterday how many cricket matches have been unable to be played and the start of the season has been decimated, lots of amateur football has been cancelled because of the constant rain, over tye last few decades I think the weather seasons have changed and moved. With climate change could it be time for sports certainly in the amateur sphere move from a winter program to more of a summer one. Football could be from Feb to October, cricket could start slightly later etc. Professional football certainly at elite level can at the moment carry on but it’s no fun as a supporter getting pissed wet through going to and from games, maybe I’m just getting old but going to watch a game when the weather is better is much better than freezing my bollocks off in January.

It's been pissing down all Feb March and into April, wettest 18mths ever. In terms of rain fall in the uk, we are season less nowadays.

It's been pissing down all Feb March and into April, wettest 18mths ever. In terms of rain fall in the uk, we are season less nowadays.
I said years ago seasons have actually moved, winter ends in April now, Spring until end of May then summer seems to last until October, Autumn is about a month then it’s winter again.

I said years ago seasons have actually moved, winter ends in April now, Spring until end of May then summer seems to last until October, Autumn is about a month then it’s winter again.

It's odd and this is just my experience over the last decade or so but May and September seem the best chance of sunshine June and July hit and miss August is pretty much always disappointing.

Overall though it's safe to say if your booking a holiday in the UK good luck. We have a pretty dreary climate.

Just a small nail we use, obviously check for pipes or electric, I’d never use one on a fridge though ;)
Now you see, I hate using a panel pin/small nail etc as, no matter how you might try, the hole left always stands out, no matter how much polyfilla you use.
We have plastered and painted walls so it would look like Garnachos face if I allowed Mrs Mist to use nails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.