MPs doing other jobs.

Churchlawtonblue

I wonder how many of other posters on here that have full-time jobs are allowed to do as much other paid work as they want without any checks on whether they are doing their other job properly? Not many if any I suspect.

Surely its time being an MP was made a proper full-time job and restrictions are brought in to stop these fly by night types abusing the political system and exploiting us the tax payers.

There are some current MPs who have legitimate second jobs, but I think the state of politics and the country at the moment, I tend to agree this should be a single profession role. God knows, they are paid enough for it already.

And don't get me started on expenses they claim

For me it's not the fact that they have second jobs. Doing an interview for money would be classed as a second job but that's fine. The problem is the type of jobs that they're taking on.

Ask yourself who would pay £1000's per hour to an MP? MP's have skills but they're not rocket scientists. The only people that will pay an MP that kind of money are companies who want to drain them for their contacts and influence.

This surely creates an obvious conflict of interest. It would be like working within an insurance regulator and then moonlighting as an adviser to an insurance company.

It's no surprise that after they finish as MP's they go on to make a ton of money. Most of them become prize assets to companies so they end up on £1000's per hour non-executive directorships. It's a massive gravy train basically and many of them view the actual MP job with contempt compared to its profile raising and external earning abilities.

Douglas Ross MP has 2 other jobs. He’s also an MSP and a SFA official (linesman). He’s utterly fucking hopeless at all 3.

Tory gravy train riding refs assistant Twat. Imagine being a ref AND a Tory.

For me it's not the fact that they have second jobs. Doing an interview for money would be classed as a second job but that's fine. The problem is the type of jobs that they're taking on.

Ask yourself who would pay £1000's per hour to an MP? MP's have skills but they're not rocket scientists. The only people that will pay an MP that kind of money are companies who want to drain them for their contacts and influence.

This surely creates an obvious conflict of interest. It would be like working within an insurance regulator and then moonlighting as an adviser to an insurance company.

It's no surprise that after they finish as MP's they go on to make a ton of money. Most of them become prize assets to companies so they end up on £1000's per hour non-executive directorships. It's a massive gravy train basically and many of them view the actual MP job with contempt compared to its profile raising and external earning abilities.
This is where the real problem lies, what favours do MPs do companies and does this then allow them to go straight into top roles in those companies at a later date. Always remember my Dad saying that Ted Heath could never afford those yachts Morning Cloud on a PM wages let alone an MP. Ie wonder where the money was coming from and that was in the 70s.

Look at the expenses of these greedy var stewards, like the fat controller for the snp, blackford, hes a crofter, and if you want the real reason he wanted to stay in the eu? Look no further than the £500k he used to get in grants from the eu, but like he said, he was doing it for tge people of scotland. Another lammy the harassing racist..convicted harasser i shud say, over a million hes clained in expenses in a decade, a fekkin million. Unreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.