Mr Bates vs the Post Office

She wasn't stripped of her CBE because of wrongdoing, she was stripped of it because she didn't do anything to deserve it.
It was awarded to her for "services to Post Office". She worked for the organisation from 2007-2019 and between 2012 and 2019 was it's CEO. I don't really think being involved in an organisation that was responsible for the wrongful prosecution of over 900 people is worthy of a CBE.
What she knew when is yet to be established, but even if it turns out she knew nothing she was it's head for the 7 years the biggest part of the cover up occurred. If she didn't know she should have IMO if you don't agree with that you should at least agree she shouldn't have been awarded a CBE for not knowing?
Beyond that her award was primarily for transforming POL into a profit making organisation, some of that profit came from sub-postmasters repaying money to POL that was never missing in the first place. When you deduct the £1bn set aside to compensate sub postmasters I think it's safe to assume there was no profit!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68663750

I think it is nailed on she knew the issues with Horizon

So she will be lying through her teeth when she testifies?
Of course she won't, she will give the same response as everyone else "I can't remember"!
Luckily though the documents produced tell there own story.

Of course she won't, she will give the same response as everyone else "I can't remember"!
Luckily though the documents produced tell there own story.
She'll be chuffed to bits that all this irrefutable evidence of lies and corruption is now in the public domain before she gets interrogated. Any thoughts of forgetfulness as a defence has just been scuppered.

Popcorn ready when for when she's under the spotlight.

Lawyers and those that gave evidence in court are the most likely to serve time as it's quite easy to prove "perverting the course of justice". I expect that will include General Counsel Susan Crichton that is only one step away from Vennels so you never know......
You have more faith in British justice than I do. I remember one of the Guinness 4 who was sent down but released very early because he had dementia. He then went onto run very successful companies when he made a miraculous recovery. The only person in the world to do so I would add.

I tend to agree but the post I was replying to suggested she should only be stripped of her CBE when proof of wrongdoing was established.
@blueste41 I think you are misunderstanding my posts. I am basically saying forget the baying mob demanding she returns her award. The important issue is a full scale, immediate, criminal investigation. Forget the Parliamentary inquiry, forget faux outrage from the Daily Mail. A police investigation started in 2020 and yet fuck all has been done. I want Vennels arrested, interviewed and put on trial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.