Mr Clattenburg / The FA {merged}

friend said:
Can you add Phil Dowd to that email,too.

Cheers

Good idea, I need to e-mail him about letting that horrible little tw@t Rafael off with a yellow.

friend said:
Reminded me of Richards on Cleverley.

Carragher and Rafeal were both red cards.

Richards was lucky imo as ive seen them given for much less in the past.

Just highlights the problem of refs not applying the rules of the game to the letter and rather interpreting them and it frustrates fans no end.

Hutton should have gone today as well for Spurs but he only gets a yellow?

Agreed. Jus seen it and if Hutton has not prevented a goal scoring opportunity I must have misse something.

The Daily Mail reckon he is giving serious thought to quitting the game. I wonder if he heard the 'worse than Clattenburg' chant yesterday??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363613/Referee-Clattenburg-giving-thought-quitting-week-controversy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... versy.html</a>?

Referee Clattenburg giving serious thought to quitting after week of controversy

Mark Clattenburg’s fellow Premier League referees are rallying round him in the belief his deliberations about quitting football are ‘no idle threat’.
Clattenburg was discontented about the isolation felt by match officials even before he was embroiled in the Wayne Rooney elbowing storm — a furore followed by more controversy on Saturday.
The Tyneside official came under fire for his contentious award of a late match-winning penalty to Fulham against Blackburn and suggestions of another missed elbow incident.

A refereeing source told Sportsmail: ‘I don’t think this is an idle threat. Mark has not been happy for some time. His senior refereeing colleagues have been talking to him and encouraging him to carry on.
‘We’re talking here about a referee who has bags of courage and is refereeing very well. For instance, Pierluigi Collina is known to rate him very highly.
‘The game can’t afford to lose someone of Mark’s ability and standing.’
Clattenburg was unavailable for comment but is known to be soul searching about his future.
There is unhappiness among referees about the disciplinary procedures that prevent them correcting a mistake through the FA when a decision is proved to be wrong.
Such was the furore over the FA not acting retrospectively against Rooney for his elbow on Wigan’s James McCarthy nine days ago that there was surprise within refereeing circles that Clattenburg was not shielded from further scrutiny at the weekend.

If Clattenburg does go, Anthony Taylor will probably replace him. Don't know too much about the guy though, here's his picture: -

1126644660-27102009221508.jpg

The penalty Clattenburg gave to give Fulham the win was a shocking joke. If he gave that then there would be 10 penalties a game as it was nothing more than doesnt go on for every corner.

It seems every game this poor excuse of a ref takes charge of, fans/media talk about him and not the game which shows him up as a poor ref. Saying that halsey was just as bad yesterday at Wolves

Mark Halsey was utter wank yesterday failed to send off a player for an incident far worse than Boyata's against Arsenal (still seething about that one) then gave Spuds a free kick when Gomez had been beaten to the ball by a Wolves player he subsequently wrestled to the ground as the ball finished in the Spuds net.

How Wolves got a draw despite that abject refereeing performance is a miracle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.