Mrs Vienna - Lesley Anne Berry - R. I. P

I don’t really know what I’m doing on here at this time, but I need somewhere to put down my feelings.

I’ve just lost my wonderful partner of 18 years, Lesley Anne Berry, or to all of you, Mrs Vienna.

She taught me so many things, including how to cook, and I learnt so much about the great Mercer-Allison team.

We visited all 48 of the continental United States, and she’d also done an Alaskan cruise, before we met.

She first went to watch City at the age of six, when her parents couldn’t find a babysitter. Her Mum had an appointment at the hairdresser,s, and her Dad wasn’t going to miss his regular trip to Maine Road, so her Mum said, "You’ll have to take her with you".

Her first trip abroad was to Vienna to witness the first European trophy for City. She hardly missed a game in those days, though her parents wouldn’t allow her to travel to away games.

Our first match together was the home fixture against West Ham on 23rd September 2006. Samaras scored both in a 2-0 win.

I first heard the news of Sheikh Mansour's takeover in a text to from her, which went something like this: "There are rumours that a rich Arab is buying City."

She’d lived with poor health for many years, but she was determined to get to as many games as possible. Her last visit to Etihad was for the victory over Ipswich. She loved Erling, so it is rather fitting that the last match she saw was one, which featured another hat-trick for him.

Rest In Peace, my daRling. I will never forget our wonderful time together.

XXX
Sorry for your loss. It's a tough time but try to think of the positives of the life she's lived and times you've had with her. My dad died in August after a difficult four years or so and it's tough. Always remember those wonderful moments you've shared in Vienna and elsewhere. My thoughts are with you and your family/friends.

What a lovely tribute to your partner. Sounds like real love does that.

My condolences to you and yours and may your partner rest in peace.

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope at this sad time you're taking care of yourself and are with loved ones. RIP Mrs Vienna - I hope there's some consolation that despite her poor health she managed to do many things that others only dream of, and she went to as many games as she could. Take care buddy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.