MSN TROJAN HORSE THINGY....!

tony coleman

My youngest has opened some dodgy file that popped up whilst

he was on MSN messenger to his mates and now the P.C. is on the

blink big time . It would appear its a widespread problem but Ive

still not been able to find a cure. My AVG cannot get rid and

system restore will not work ! Anyone have any ideas.?

Cheers....Tony.

Have you banged the side of your computer?
If you have and that didn't work, you need to turn you PC off and then back on.
If it still wont work the I'm afraid it's fooked you may as well chuck it out and get a new one!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found this elsewhere it might be of use:

Download a free product called "HighJackThis"

What it does is looks at the registry and finds things that shouldn't be there and gives you a list.
Read the short directions and it will tell you which ones (with headers) can be deleted and that will probably fix it.
If your unsure of this due to its name - check it out using google.
You'll find out its a great tool used by many novices and professionals.

Same thing happened to me ...... the 'virus' shut my system restore down , an' i couldn't do fuck all with the computer , it even 'took control' of my Norton security , i couldn't even sign in ........ luckily i had taken a 'ghost image' of my computer about 12 months earlier an' i simply restored that from a floppy disc ........ i was so glad i had taken that 'ghost image' for the problem then vanished , and all functions worked fine.

'Hijack this' is very good ........ but as 'Armitage' says , you've got to have your wits about you , or you could easily erase things you shouldn't ....... and then again with your computer bein' in that state , will it even let you load it ??

Do yourself a favour if you do manage to get it workin' again and take a 'ghost image' of your computer drive ........ with one on disc you'd have the answer in your hands if it ever happens again!!

You're probably gonna land up gerrin' someone in to shift it , or even to reload windows now .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.