MSN VIRUS

shadygiz

There is an msn virus going around at the moment....this attaches itself to your msn and spams all the people in your address book with dodgy links, such as credit cards and loans...when they click on this link, it then installs on their systems

eSafe director of product management, the number had soared to several thousand PCs and was growing by several hundred systems per hour.
eSafe is monitoring the IRC channel used to control the botnet. The only inhabitants of the network besides the operator are in fact infected PCs.
The Trojan is an IRC bot that's spreading through MSN Messenger by sending itself.

IRC = internet relay chat, which is basically a server with hundreds of chat rooms running. People can create their own chat rooms.

there is a downloadable removal tool for this....around 80% of those who have used it reported success.

http://www.technibble.com/downloads/removal-tools/MSN-Virus-Removal-Tool.exe

Had one of them once, absolute cnut to remove, it was actually a file that ran in the background called "svchost.exe" (obviously caused confusion if you have a look in the processes list in task manager) and buried itself in my Windows folder as a system file so I couldn't find it for hours to get shot of it.

It just constantly sent messages to my friends saying something about obtaining details of any contact including phone number etc from the web with a link afterwards containing the recipient's email address to make it seem genuine. When you opened the link it took you to a page where there was a link to download a file. Double-clicking it made it install itself onto the drive and then my MSN just started getting hammered literally every 20 seconds.

More fool me for following the link really but it was definitely a learning curve, any links you get sent by people, don't just open them. Best thing is to just ask the sender "is that genuine?" No bot is clever enough to reply to that, your contact will obviously know if they meant to send it or not.

also the picture one that sends everyone online a picture file and if they accept it klocks you out and also messes your user profile on pc up took me ages to get rid of the thing too like 3 weeks no anti-virus would find it either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.